• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Light box face dilemma.

S'N'S

Customer rang to say one of his light box faces (double sided light box) blew out in strong wind and wants me to make a replacement. Measurements of the FLAT face are 1345mm W (53") X 1790mm H (70") x 4.5mm Opal Acrylic, but they originally were pan faces so there are no supports anywhere to stop the faces from bowing in the wind and falling out. Anyone got any suggestions to how many and what sort of bump stop I could install to fix the problem or any other way so the replacement doesn't fall out.
Priced new pan faces and as they are an odd size, there were waaaayyyyyy out of his price range, so I will have to stick with flat faces.

Bob Rochon

Seasoned Sign Freak
I find it interesting that making two faces now to this customer is more cost effective than doing it the right way. It can't possibly be illuminating properly. Anything X type of structure you put in will add to that improper illumination. If you have the material inside the channel to put self tapping screws through the molding into the face, you can hold the face from popping out. Using polycarbonate instead of Acrylic.

visual800

in most cases the main pole comes thru the box. i have some weld or screw angle iron to pole and extend out both faces. make sure you dip ends of iron in plastic dip as to not damage faces

Z SIGNS

I would run away from this kind of job.

Trying to engineer a cheap way instead of doing the job right always ends up a disappointment to all involved.

Everybody loses.

Good luck with your sign project

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I would run away from this kind of job.

Trying to engineer a cheap way instead of doing the job right always ends up a disappointment to all involved.

Everybody loses.

Good luck with your sign project

This......... a 1,000%

S'N'S

Turns out that the owner didn't install the face right and knew it as he told me so. The face slides in and the angle trim that was supposed to lock it in was left loose, that was the side the face started to come out....a week before it actually fell out. He wants the same type of face back in it, but this time it will be done right.