• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Light Gray coming out grainy - HP 365

TheBarricade

I am printing on white vinyl (briteline air gloss release) with a light gray ([HASHTAG]#E5E5E5[/HASHTAG]) with the HP 365 latex printer. I've cleaned the printheads and used "optimize print quality" yet the gray is still coming out really grainy. Is this just how gray looks or is there a way to make it look more solid?

Thank you everyone!

Grainy Gray: https://imgur.com/a/g78Iqrt

C

ColoPrinthead

If it is an option you can adjust the color build to lessen grain with greys, but Latex = grain train.

Tyler Birch

Grainy-ness usually means there's a problem with your optimizer. Make sure your OP printheads are firing correctly so that those inkdrops congeal properly.

If you need to, try copying the profile and making a version that uses more optimizer for greys/fine text.

dypinc

I am printing on white vinyl (briteline air gloss release) with a light gray ([HASHTAG]#E5E5E5[/HASHTAG]) with the HP 365 latex printer. I've cleaned the printheads and used "optimize print quality" yet the gray is still coming out really grainy. Is this just how gray looks or is there a way to make it look more solid?

What is the GCR and especially your black start of your output profile? That will affect how much black you are using in your grays. The less black (which looks pretty grainy on the HP) you use the more lc and lm will be used especially in lighter grays which will make appear it to be less grainy.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Try a Pantone equivalent. Pantone's which are a mixture of cmyk are much better than just a percentage of black that's void of other colors.