• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Light Table...

cgsigns_jamie

Anyone have a light table? What do you use it for?

I've had this one for a few years and have never used it. It's been sitting in the shop collecting dust in a corner for sometime now. Today the guys were cleaning out the shop and decided to move into the graphics department so maybe we could get some use out of it.

But now that we have a printer, I don't really do very many multi-layer vinyl applications, so I don't know what to do with it...

It's pretty nice. It's about 6' x 7' with a glass surface. It's on a pivot so it works as a table or an easel. Seems to be pretty sturdy too.

If I can't find a good use for it I'm thinking of selling it... any idea what one of these things are worth?

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 114
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 101
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 93

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Tilt it upright, in the easel position.

Replace the bulbs with full spectrum lamps.

Throw down some sand on the floor.

Pull up a few lawn chairs.

Plop one of those cute little umbrellas in a favorite drink.

Sit back and wait for the mail man to bring the checks from those outstanding invoices.

Don't forget a little music....

daveb

General Know-it-all
That's a pretty sweet looking light table, great for lining prints up back to back for lighted faces:thumb:. When I was in production I preferred to work on a light table with a glass surface, easier to keep clean and then if you needed the light just flip the switch. But like you said, with the printer it wouldn't be used as much but we still use ours for lighted faces all the time.:rolleyes:

WildWestDesigns

My mom has a small one that she uses for designing quilts etc. It's not quick that big, but good enough for the crafts that she does with it.

Craig Sjoquist

Awesome table... if I had my truck running I'd come up and get it.
Find some one that still does alot of hand work in the field.
Great to put art work on for light source testing on back lighted signage and others

As soon as you get rid of it you'll find great uses for it. lol lol

cgsigns_jamie

Thanks for the input everyone!

James, I kinda like your idea best ;)

Dave, I never even thought about that. I do a lot of double layer back-lits, but I've always just printed a bounding box and trimmed one of the layers to fit inside. I think the next set I'll do I'll see how close my box trick is with the light table.

Craig, If I ever decide to get rid of it I'll let you know.