Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Light up banners

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by SAS, May 31, 2011.

1. SAS

SAS Active Member

Aug 23, 2005
    NC
    I was looking around on craigslist and ran across this. Now you will have light up banners coming to a store front near you.

http://lightupbanners DOT com/

Tags:
  2. shakey0818

shakey0818 Active Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Link doesn't work

3. briankb

briankb Active Member

Jul 7, 2009
    I think that was on purpose. Doesn't want the guy to get any link love from the forum. The site is real. My favorite quote so far is
    So does anyone know what he is using to make these?

4. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    That's the same guy who sells the Christmas window stencil kit and the do-it-yourself home sign shop kit www.75hour (dot) com

My guess is he's using a cheap two-light fluorescent shop light, cutting black vinyl with a swivel blade x-acto knife and applying it to day-glo banner material, and wrapping the banner over the lens/cover that comes with the light. He mentions making 4 45° cuts so it's possible he's framing it out but that's really not necessary. That's all just a guess though (and works very well in the right situation)

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  5. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Showed up on craigslist here a few weeks ago. When someone buys one his big secret will be blown.

6. Fitch

Fitch Member

Sep 1, 2009
    What a joke. Guy should be shot. Am I allowed to say that? LOL

7. 4R Graphics

4R Graphics Active Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Man I wish I would have seen his 75hour web site before I bought all this expensive equipment and learned how to make signs and graphics.

Actual ad and info from site.
    What a joke and people wonder why we get funny looks from people when we quote our prices for PROFESSIONALLY made signs.

Don't Spend $5000 On a Sign Machine You Can Do The Same Thing On Your Home Computer

Vinyl Sign Cut Out System Kit
    Total Cost $125
    No Artistic Ability Is Needed There Is A Cheat For Everything In Sign Work

8. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    I'll chip in $5 to find out what he is offering, 24 more of us and we can buy the kit and release it here for the whole community, then we can all be awesome cheats!

9. Fanaticus

Fanaticus Member

Jan 19, 2011

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  10. westpointsigns

westpointsigns Member

Jun 30, 2009
    He just popped up on the Omaha, NE CL.

Entertaining to say the least.:popcorn:

11. OhioSignShop

OhioSignShop Member

Jun 5, 2011
    it's just a damn shoplight from Lowes with 2 48" tubes and a graphic wrapped on the lens.

12. Spud Murphy

Spud Murphy Member

Jun 12, 2011

only if you add-"...with a ball of his own ****" ...:cool:

13. streetmedia

streetmedia New Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Philadelphia
    it seems more like a backlit sign box done half way... when i think banner i think outdoors on a lightpole or similar. We have a "light up" banner, though we call it an illuminated banner. It uses LED lights fine tuned to create a solid blanket of light between two banners. www.sky-banners.com