• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lighted Box Sign With Digitally Printed Graphics...Clear or White Acrylic???

onlyjames

The World Is Never Enough
Hi All,

Im about to order material for two box signs (Lighted). Im printing the graphics for the box signs on Oracal Translucent Material (White). Should I be using Clear, or White acrylic?

My thought is to use Clear...because the vinyl is already white....and white on white may be too dark with the lights....

Thanks for your help!!

onlyjames

The World Is Never Enough
It is actually lexan, I just always say acrylic.

The important thing is the color....white or clear.

You use white even with a white digital print covering the entire Lexan face?

trik

yup, and I will even double hit the printed graphics on occasion. If you have an extra 4' light fixture and decent size lexan scrap lying around, try backlighting your prints to see how they look. You will be amazed at the difference between prints on clear, prints on translucent, and double hit prints on translucent. In the end it boils down to whether you want to sacrifice daytime or nighttime quality, but there is usually a happy medium.

+1 on this, We do the same thing as Pat.

FS-Keith

for full color prints we reverse print on clear vinyl and back it up with white trans vinyl and apply to clear plastic 2nd surface. the look is hard to beat