• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lighted Wayfinding Sign

AKProbeGT

Does anyone recognize the attached wayfinding sign? It's internally illuminated, double-sided, about 12.5" tall and about 40" wide. Customer is looking for more of them and doesn't know where they came from.

Attachments

• Lighted Sign Sample.jpg
    Lighted Sign Sample.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 86

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Does that have a curved front panel ?? If so, it's probably going to be custom made.

AKProbeGT

Does that have a curved front panel ?? If so, it's probably going to be custom made.

Yes, the whole thing is curved. Reminds me of something from Vista Sign Systems but I don't see anything that is an exact match. Vista also doesn't offer anything with lighting. You have to add the lighting yourself which I would prefer to avoid.

AKProbeGT

I've sent an email to Orbus but I don't believe they make anything like this that is internally lit. Customer wants these lighted.

AKProbeGT

I went and got a closer look at this sign and it is definitely custom made. I think it is something we can make without much issue....if I can find the extrusion that was used. Any suggestions on where that might come from. I've been googling aluminum sign extrusions for over an hour and cant find anything very similar. The ends are 2 pieces of extrusion attached together. They have a slot on the ends that the lettered panel fits in. The 2 pieces of extrusion do not make a half circle. Below are more pictures.

Attachments

• small 2014-11-24 08.47.02.jpg
    small 2014-11-24 08.47.02.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 73
  • small 2014-11-24 09.00.18.jpg
    small 2014-11-24 09.00.18.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 51

MikePro

looks like two-halves of a "SignComp"-type aluminum extrusion originally intended for single-sided wall mount, with some custom manufacturing to create what you see.
tho' I don't recall seeing the fluted detail on the radius in any of my signcomp catalogues. gotta be another brand.

i'll keep an eye-out when thumbing thru catalogues.

AKProbeGT

looks like two-halves of a "SignComp"-type aluminum extrusion originally intended for single-sided wall mount, with some custom manufacturing to create what you see.
tho' I don't recall seeing the fluted detail on the radius in any of my signcomp catalogues. gotta be another brand.

i'll keep an eye-out when thumbing thru catalogues.

I've looked through SignComp's online catalogs and can't seem to find anything that is an exact match either. They have the closet match with some of their radius extrusions so at this point I'm using that to work up an estimate for my customer.