• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lighter stipes on print

msenjur

Hello!

Im printing some prints, and im having this problem...

first 4 picutres...

what couse that? does it have something to do with text on left? becouse where text "znamke" is there is ok...

and second problem...

last 2 pictures

colors arent so full as they should be! wrong profile???

Attachments

• Picture 007_resize.jpg
    Picture 007_resize.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 150
  • Picture 008_resize.jpg
    Picture 008_resize.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 135
  • Picture 009_resize.jpg
    Picture 009_resize.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 137
  • Picture 010_resize.jpg
    Picture 010_resize.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 131
  • Picture 011_resize.jpg
    Picture 011_resize.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 120
  • Picture 012_resize.jpg
    Picture 012_resize.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

dimitris34

i have the same problem

I have the same problem with you, white stripes every 5 cm in the way that printing heads print...
Specially in adhesive vinyl i see it. My machine is Rockhopper 2, (Falcon Outdoor II).
Recently change capping station,wipes etc my a mutoh tehncian. Also he did me and alingment of heads. So heads and nozzles are ok

Any help?
Because i have dead line for a job and i dont know what to do

Flame

It's because of your heaters guys. You need to go in, tear apart the printer, and where the heaters are put that silver/chrome lined tape (heat tape).... put in a couple layers of that and that should solve most of your problem. Not 100%, but it will almost eliminate it.

dimitris34

Thanks,so, the heat is too high? Why this problem happening?I do not had it in the past.
And what do u mean heat tape?
Also my machine makes a noise after changing pf motor.Its not from the motor.It seems to be from the rollers but i cannot find where exactly...

signage

Putting on metal heat tape helps spread the heat out across the print bed getting rid of hot spots!

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
On my rock hopper there were gaps between the plates where the heat strip is. By putting tape over the gaps it evened out the distribution of heat. One solution to the light areas is to turn the heat down some. Too much heat seems to make the vinyl open up the pours and pull the ink inside so that it looks lighter in some areas.

Trial and error on heat settings is the best way to solve the problem.

msenjur

1.- What does the nozzle check look like ?
2- Looks to me like ink starvation

nozzle check is ok. i changed heads 1 month ago...
so u think there is something wrong with printer?

Attachments

• Picture 002_resize.jpg
    Picture 002_resize.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 119
  • Picture 003_resize.jpg
    Picture 003_resize.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 122

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
All the pics you posted are banner material. Does it do it on vinyl? Do you have an old roll of banner material, and does it do it on it as well?

I have had bad rolls of banner material that have contaminats. The print problems went the other direction. I have had rolls of vinyl that printed with a card board pattern because the roll was stored wrong before it got to me.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
never mind I took a closer look and see vinyl and banner fabric. The texture in the solid colors on vinyl look horible. I hope thats you camera adding color noise.

msenjur

it isn't banner! it is vinyl!

Jester: you mean nozle check? it is ok. this nozzle check was print on some vinyl that was dirty... or what do you mean?