• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Line flush procedure

aboom

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, I have let my printer sit for some time while disconnected from power. I know I will need a new print head, dampers, and cap - but what is the best way to take care of the ink lines? Is it easier to just replace them at this point? Or is flushing them the better option?

If flushing is the way to go, what is the best way to do this?

I do not want to cut any corners here since I will be installing a new print head.

Thanks in advance!

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
Best bet is to get a set of flush cartridges and purge the lines until they run clear by pulling ink through the old dampers. Can use a large syringe to pull the fluid/old ink out through the lines, but you will need to push in the cartridge valves behind the ink station manually by hand. If the head still flows ink, you can also just load cleaning cartridges and run a few powerful cleaning cycles, watching the lines to see if they are purged. The tubing will typically be somewhat stained the color of the ink but should be mostly clear when purged.

guillermo

if you are going to replace the printhead yourself, then read the instructions of other members, in case you are calling for service on this, have the tech do the flushing.