• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help line on print

miki rurki

Hi,
When I print on my Roland sol jet xc540 print & cut, I have some line on print, maybe I need calibrate print head, or something? Test print is ok. Inks is on low level, but can print still. If you look closely you can see it? Print is bi direction.
Has anyone had similar experiences?
Veru best,

Attachments

• viber_image_2024-08-20_10-46-38-435.jpg
    viber_image_2024-08-20_10-46-38-435.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 129

White Haus

Not a Newbie
When you say test print is "ok", is it perfect?

Does this happen with all profiles? If you print on a higher quality setting, does the banding go away?

That's what I would have said (RE: Miki), go to your highest quality setting. But if you are at it, then check the print where it starts printing, Is the print perfect at the beginning but starts streaking more as you go down? If so, then it could be an ink flow problem.... (is there a slower setting?) or I see there is a color gradation. It looks like there is more magenta as you go down. Maybe one of the colors has a clogged nozzle that only shows up in certain mixes? Look at your nozzle check output really carefully.

miki rurki

I have better result, not perfect, but much better. Part off noozles on the one head, for some reason, does not work propperly. (Probably bad cap. Cap is new but not original, good copy, but little smaller for few microns then oem.) After pooling out ink through the head on the end cap ink tube with a syringe, and manual cleaning, i have better result. Tnx all of you for suggestion? By the way, Does anyone of you use not original parts? What are your experiences?

sulu00

You say that test print is okay. Does it mean that there are 100% of nozzles and literally all of them fire creating perfect rows? Presence of nozzles in test print is not enough. On the other hand it might be improperly configured bi dir, feed rate or head slant