• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Linear Encoder Setup?

ABPGraphics

Hi Guys,

I recently ordered a new Cut Carriage Cable from the web because I was having the infamous Roland SP-300v "Pinch Roller/0.0 Media Width" problem. So I installed the new Cut Carriage Cable just fine but in order to do that I had to take out the linear encoder strip. And I guess (The manual didn't tell me this) you have to be very careful not to get finger prints/dirt on the encoder strip. So I got finger prints all over and then put it back in and I immediately got an "Service Error 110" So I looked this up and It led me to having to take back out the encoder strip, clean it with Isopropyl Alcohol and put it back in. Now I need to run a Linear Encoder Setup but I have no idea how to do this. I know you have to press the Left, Up, and Right keys simultaneously while hitting the sub power switch. but after that does anyone have any idea what to do?

Prism1

Get into the service menu after pushing up down..bla bla. Scroll down, you will find encoder calibration AND encoder setup. run them both.

ABPGraphics

Get into the service menu after pushing up down..bla bla. Scroll down, you will find encoder calibration AND encoder setup. run them both.

That's the porlblem. When I push Left, Right and Down and Power (Which is the service menu command) It tells me "Service Mode has been Protected"

mark in tx

You need the updated service code.

Which will get changed again if people share it out in the open, which is what happened to the old code.

ABPGraphics

Alright, I got it fixxed.

Here is what I did for future reference if anyone has this problem.

I moved the heads to the right until it clicked to the first click not the second, If you can pull it back to the left when you're you went to far you have to be very subtle and only go to the first click where the heads lock.

After moving the heads to the locking position and the machine off I hit (In this order) Right+Up+Left and then the Sub Power all at the same time. That brought me to a menu. Hit enter until it gets to the spot where the cutting mechanism and the heads split apart and then take the cutting mechanism all the way to the left until it engages the blade and leave it there (Make sure you don't have any media in the machine at this time and be sure the media clamps are down.) Then hit enter and it will read the encoder strip and set it back up.

GSGservice

The left, right and up will put you in limit position initilize mode which will eventually read the linear encoder strip. The other user is right you have to get into service mode to really run the encoder calibration and the set up. This really should be done also. Lastly if you are changing the cutter carriage cable be sure that you have the machine UNPLUGGED from the wall before pulling the cables. Also if you go to the back and tape the new cable to the old cable you can thread the new cable through the machine easily and quickly.

Ryanzxc

Service mode key
PUSH
DOWN RIGHT LEFT UP
RIGHT DOWN LEFT

PUSH AND HOLD

RIGHT DOWN LEFT keep hold this 3 key then POWER