• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

lines, banding, etc. on FII Outdoor

SwiSh

So I get banding on some materials, it seems like a constant battle. However, I've started to notice that the lines in my prints are farther apart at one end of the print than the other. Sometimes the banding is more noticeable in a certain color, but when I fix it w/ distance adjust, then it's noticeable in another color. WTF??
I'm at a loss, so I ask, could it be my print heads are bad, or a heater going bad, or maybe realine the print head?? I believe this problem can be delt with, but I seem to be getting nowhere. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Does anyone else have these problems with their Mutoh?? Thanks!

SwiSh

Flame

Could be your capping station going bad. Try running a heavy cleaning or two and see if that helps. If so, then you probably need to replace the pads on your capping station.

ALSO, look inside around the capping station and see if any of the lines are broken.

Both of these issues will cause the heads to dry a little, causing banding.

Or you could've gotten a headstrike (though somewhat rare for a Mutoh) and it damaged the head.

Just some things to look at..... GOOD LUCK!:thumb:

S

Sign-Man Signs

READ THIS ALL THE WAY THRU BEFORE DOING!
We get this all the time. Go to Utility Menu and do a powerful wash on all heads. After that open cover remove your media, flip handle down and move print head to the left. Clean wiper, little rubber thingy just past platform. Don't move it or try to take it out. Wipe it with cleaner, dry unitl you don't get anymore ink.
Next, replace pads in back of wiper. Should have some of those in your kit. Clean those areas and replace pads.
Next, shine alight behind your head and see if there is anything there like trash or fuzz. Clean with a foam q-tips you got with kit. Soak it and them wipe the excess off on the bottle. Never use a lot of cleaner on those q-tips or yoy'll have ink all over the place. Wipe everything down with a clean rags.
Do this procedue at least every two weeks. Before running any job do a cleaning. It clears the heads and will usally elminate any streaking.
That should keep you going. Cleaning is a pain but so is a f--ked up job on the print.

Banding that is a different width at one end only is due to improper media loading, (i.e. not perpendicular to the machine). The first task to to load the media so that the banding is constant across the entire media.

Once that has been done, then perform printhead alignment calibrations for uni and bidirectional printing.

Bob