• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lines/gaps in Intense Red - DC4

meltsner

Hi all -
I'm still having problems with Intense Red in particular when printing on the Summa (3M) clear vinyl. Every print I do (so far of one design) the first pass is awful - somewhat angled lines all the way across the print. Some are 3" or so (general width of the foil), some are as small as .5". The second pass - and on - are fine. Sorry, I don't have any pics of it.

I'd like to know what's best to do to fix it -- turn up/down density for this particular color for this particular vinyl, different print speed, different halftone (currently using CC's default)..... does anyone have any suggestions? It's wasting a good bit of precious vinyl and foil.
Thanks!!

meltsner

Thanks, I knew of the site and have done some research there before [great forum!], but not on the wrinkled foil subject. I will have to look into it there. Appreciate the reply!

{BTW, I'm also "designconcepts" [Derrick] from Tshirtforums.com; just got a new post notice in the 'Designs from a Summa DC4...." thread I had a post in} :wink:

meltsner

As far as I know, the ribbon "rolls" fine, like any of the others. I did read something about having it taut (ie. no "slack" in it) before it picks the ribbon up, but there's not much to do about that. I actually use this color very little -- last time I used was when I first posted (and probably won't use it for a while again!), but I'll keep my eye on it when I do.
Thanks!!