• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

lines in printing and maybe freelance technician?

jfiscus

Rap Master
I agree with trying to recover some of the nozzles in the test print first. After that you can try the print head alignment and calibration.
What software are you using to print (RIP), what vinyl are you printing on? (some gives bad prints even with good profiles)

equippaint

I wouldn't do a bunch of hard head cleanings. It looks to me like a head alignment issue or possibly feed compensation, you need to post some test prints in addition to what you put up. Even with the printer plugged in when stored, you should run off a print every now and then. Either way, it is a process so be methodical rather than throw stuff at it. If it is anything like the older Rolands, it is all laid out step by step with pictures in the service manual.
I don't think that the material or profile would give you consistent banding either, but don't know for sure

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I wouldn't do a bunch of hard head cleanings. It looks to me like a head alignment issue or possibly feed compensation, you need to post some test prints in addition to what you put up. Even with the printer plugged in when stored, you should run off a print every now and then. Either way, it is a process so be methodical rather than throw stuff at it. If it is anything like the older Rolands, it is all laid out step by step with pictures in the service manual.
I don't think that the material or profile would give you consistent banding either, but don't know for sure

There’s a nozzle test in post #6. Needs to get that sorted first before trying anything else

Master Graphics

As an ex Roland Tech, I would tell you to get the head printing 100% before worrying about anything else. Even with one nozzle clogged you can see the difference especially in fonts. I keep a bottle of ECO Flush around and use foam tipped cleaning sticks to gently apply the ECO Flush on the head. The manual will tell you to never touch the head, so do this at your own risk. This was part of my normal maintenance routine and I have never had an issue from it. Download or purchase all the information on the printer as you can because it will help tremendously.