• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

lines of ink build up on print????

otown

Hey Guys,

Seems like everytime I print solid colorsI get lines of ink that build up in some sections of the print. It's almost like the heater is not working in that area or something. Does anybody have the same problem or know what is causing this? I have attached a picture for you guys to see

Attachments

• SL370804.jpg
    SL370804.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 80

CS-SignSupply

Media lifting off bed (closer to printhead), bad media, or as you said... possible heater issue.

Does this happen with other, different types of media in the same area?

otown

it does yes. and it is always in the same place. it usually doesnt happen with banner though. could it be what sucks the media down tight to platten?

Looks like dark banding among other issues.

Check your nozzle test print, and media feed compensation (paper feed).

CS-SignSupply

Banding in the scan direction would make me think media feed but this looks to be in the Feed direction, length of media.

My guess, one of two things... heating element in that area or media raising up from bed and therefore being closer to the printhead during print.

Vacuum fans under the bed could be an issue... especially since this problem persists on all media in the same place.

artbot

do you have a spray gun. but a teaspoon of ink in the gun. spray some media cut from that exact spot and see if the ink behaves the same way. looks like you have some oil or wax or something messing with the dyne.

randya

Often times, you can clean the media in a small place with alcohol and let it dry.
Mark the area you cleaned.

If it prints better in that area, probably contamination or plasticizer migration.

doug5222

Try taping over the vacuum holes in the platen where the printhead prints - vacuum could be sucking air in under the media and cooling it down - check to see if bands in media feed direction correspond with vacuum holes.