Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Suggestions Lines on backside of window perf

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by WSU-Biomed, Mar 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. WSU-Biomed

WSU-Biomed New Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Washington
    Hoping someone has suggestions as to why this happened. This window perf is mostly white with a logo. From the back there are thick bands of color showing through. I have never seen this before. My only thought is perhaps this window perf roll is old stock? Any thoughts would be appreciated

.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Looks like ink leaked between perf and carrier sheet. Only thing I can think of.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Not sure, because all of the perf I've ever used is black on the back, so you wouldn't see any color on the backside, regardless of what you're printing on the other side.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    your profile might be laying too much ink and its pooling/building-up in the perforations.

If you can't get it to work by directly printing on the perf, then you could always try printing your image onto a cast optically clear, and laminating that onto your perforated vinyl. The red will still carry-over the holes, but it will be transparent & do-so evenly/intentionally.

• Like Like x 1
  5. WSU-Biomed

WSU-Biomed New Member

Oct 3, 2018
    Washington
    This is black on the back as well. It's kinda weird.

6. Old Timer

Old Timer Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Livonia
    Did not happen with the mimaki solvent ink but has happened with the hp 360 latex

7. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    could be an aqueous adhesive