• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

lines on the print in feed direction

DetailsGS

Hi

Hope you can help me agian.
i use a Rock hopper 38.
Increasingly i am gettin small lines on all prints in the feed direction.
Originally in one place. Then 2. Now 3.
the lines seem to be in groups of 4 in a definite patten. Various lengths in the feed direction.

They do not line up with wipers or rollers.
They first appeared in black now red as well.

Any thoughs appreciated.

DK

RG

Hello, DK. I had a similar problem with the same printer. If you are using Flexi, be sure to put a check in the box for "Microdot." You will find this box in the Rip & Print window after you click on Driver Options. This fixed my problem. Hope you get yours worked out.

RG

RG

I'm using Flexi 8.1 also. Open a file to print. Click on Rip & Print.
In the Rip & Print window, click Adavanced. In the lower, right corner of the Advanced window, click on Driver Option. In this window you will have to uncheck the box for Use ICC Defaults. Now, you can check Microdot box at the bottom of the window. When I did this, it really got rid of the vertical lines, but the reds are not as rich as I'd like them. But, it still sells. Let me know if this helps. Also, for the printer type in Flexi, I chose Falcon Outdoor Junior. I have read that this is the same as the Rockhopper 38.

DetailsGS

tried that no luck,
Its not a software issue because it does it on test prints.
You can see it here on an alignment test.
Its like an involutary pulse of the print head.
But its increasing and it does it in all colors.

Attachments

• IMG_0564_1.JPG
    IMG_0564_1.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 82

Jackpine

"Falcon Outdoor Junior. I have read that this is the same as the Rockhopper 38"...they are the same.
Do the lines show in print files? If so could you post an image printed. The lines in the test print looks like blocked nozzles. Have you done a cleaning?

DetailsGS

Rockhopper and Falcon Jr are the same machine.
the lines show up in all prints. Originally the lines showed up in one spot along the print bed.
Now there are 4-6 sets of lines which are actually rows of tiny dots
along a 5" area of the print bed. Alway is the same location.

i have done a self clean and a soaking.
Is there a more extensive cleaning i can do?

Please explain how a blocked nozzil can leave a mark.
As that seem contrary to my logic.

i have read some suggestion of static or communcation interference.

How do i clean the encoder strip?

DK

i have tried all heat settings , head hight and vacuum setting.

Mary Gotcher

I have a 46" machine Falcon Outdoor...we replaced the tfence ($150 ish at Sign Warehouse) and it fixed the problem. In the alternative you can remove it (be careful not to bend or crease it) and flip it over. It may buy you some time. I did have the same exact problem. Actually I was surprised that was what was causing it. Strange machines...