• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lining up panels on a tradeshow booth

rfulford

We have a 6 panel expandable tradeshow booth to produce. It consists of an expandable display with 4 main panels and 2 end caps. Its pretty typical. The panels attach to the booth with magnets and header panels that hang on pins at the top. If you are familiar with these, you probably know what I am talking about.

Usually we have to reprint a couple of panels or the whole both at least once due to the polarity of the magnets offsetting the panels. They have a tendency to leave gaps in between panels or cause a shift. Consequently, the alignment is less than perfect. Does anyone have any tips that makes these booths easier to install?

dlndesign

I have struggled with the same question. Its more about printing one and seeing how that lines up and then making sure you have bleed on the second panel and trim to match, and I have followed that process and it seems to help, but it does take a lot of production time to get it done.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I see you are in Florida like me... after MUCH talking with manufacturer about this very issue - it seems to boil down to a temperature issue on the magnets.

What was happening was that when the magnets on the display got hot (like traveling in your car...) they didn't stay on the booth when panels were lining up... so we've discovered that if the magnetics are closer to room temp... no issues whatsoever. Proven true on several displays that were having problems and manufacturer indicated temp could have an effect.

Not sure if that's your problem... but that simple little thing has saved us from a ton of headaches.

rfulford

I do not think temperature is our problem. The magnetic tape and the booth are both inside when we set them up. As DIndesign said, it takes a lot of trial and error that I was hoping to eliminate today. We almost always wind up pulling the panels down and moving the position of the magnets and re-hanging.

miker

We usually trim all panels first to ensure a good match. Then install the headers and hang the graphics on the booth. Apply the magnets and kickers while the graphics are on the booth, ensuring proper fit.

CWP

I like the idea of the steel tape. I can see how that might be just the ticket...

One thing I have found, is that even though the display expands itself and magnetically connects to form the structure, when we are putting the displays on, the frame can use a little "tweaking". It's mostly just a little push and pull, but sometimes, all of a sudden, the panels go on perfect. Not much of a trick, but another one for your bag.