• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Linked bitmaps in Flexi?

thewood

I have another sign shop in my area that I do digital printing for that often provides artwork in Flexi format. They can't seem to embed bitmaps in their Flexi files, though. The artist said that whether he imports, opens or drag-and-drops a raster image into Flexi, it links the image. Any ideas how to either stop Flexi from linking bitmaps or how to embed linked bitmaps?

I use Flexi routinely and don't typically have this issue.

LittleSnakey

I noticed this happened to me with a couple versions of flexi also.
I am using build 1437 now and I can drag and drop files into it and they are embedded. In some of the other upgrades it linked the jpg files that were dragged and dropped. If you Use import you can choose between the two.
I didn't notice till I went to reopen the files.

I could never figure out how to embed it after it was linked.

Steph_Stamm

Ok, so this seems like a touchy feature. Here's a workaround:

1. In Flexi, go to File > Import and select a file. I tested a random JPG on my desktop.
2. On the right, there's a "Link" check box. This box is likely already unchecked. Check this box and click OK.
3. Now go to File > Import and leave the "Link" box unchecked. Select the same file and click OK.

I know it's a bit confusing, but I hope it works! Let me know how you make out!