• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Linkedin

I constantly get invitations from people. Most of them are business relationships so I was wonderingif anyone suggest doing to or is it just another facebook just smaller. Most the business I get from facebook is 1 offs so not really what we are looking for.

SignManiac

I'm constantly getting invites too. I don't even think the people who are asking you are really the one's sending them out. I find it annoying and just delete them. I can't keep up with all the other thousands of networking avenues that bombard my email daily. Just glad to have spam filters set up.

CES020

When it first started and I was starting to "network", I thought it was great and helpful. However, one day a wholesale customer of mine asked for an invite. At the moment, I thought "why the heck would I give you access to all of MY contacts?". Shortly after that, another wholesale customer did the same thing. I was a little bit offended that someone would be so bold as to ask me to hand my business contacts over to them for free.

I had no issues sharing with people in different businesses, but I have a fairly big issue with handing my contacts over to my competitors for free.

And yes, I get really odd ones that have no connection, it's just someone trying to build up their count.

MikeD

If you're an employer, it's a cheap head hunting tool; if you're unemployed it's a good way to get in touch with potential employers. It is definitely not like FB- you can post skill sets and accomplishments, but typically "...look what I did over the weekend..." comments or what your favorite color is.
I don't think it would be a major channel of new sign jobs, just a way to connect to people in your industry of choice as well as related industries.

I only accept LinkedIn invitations from people I actually know. Not that I do anything with LinkedIn except find out that people I went to school with now are making a heck of a lot more money than me :)

Steve

TheSnowman

I had an account for a few months and I just got annoyed with all the emails so I cancelled it, and I'M STILL GETTING EMAILS! I don't know how to stop them. Far as I can tell, it basically served no purpose, at least wasn't working for me for what it claimed it would be used for.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Usually ignore LinkedIn, but few months ago I spent a few days sending out invites to anyone I found on there I actually knew. Got about 30-40 in a few days. Did it again this morning, added about 5 people and got a vehicle lettering job from one of them.

It's getting to be a useful tool.