• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Links in sigs for supporting members

ProWraps

hey fred, just a question.

is it possible to allow links in signature for paying members?

i know why the answer would be no, but it would be nice for our twitsigs to actually allow the link so people can see our work.

i understand that there is the potential for MM stuff to get linked to, but there is already a policing policy to keep MM stuff out of posts and sigs.

is it a possibility to allow? i even cleaned up my language for you!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You answered your own question. My answer is no. Websites and other contact info in signatures is a benefit which we reserve for our Merchant Members.

ProWraps

i kinda figured with your fear of facebook and social media being what you considered a threat to your site, that would be the answer, but it was worth asking.

do we have hope of ever integrating our twitter or updates in our sigs for contributing members?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
i kinda figured with your fear of facebook and social media being what you considered a threat to your site, that would be the answer, but it was worth asking.

I can't agree with your restatement of what I actually said about Facebook. I never said they were a threat. I said they were competition.

Our interests are in having the greatest amount of demographically filtered traffic to offer to Merchant Members and advertisers. We do that very well topping the combined traffic of our largest three direct competitors. We don't recommend them nor does anyone find a need to post a link to them in their signatures.

Have you looked at our Merchant List and the banner advertisers? Have you noticed the lack of things like Google ads running? Facebook, Twitter and the like also compete for that same traffic that our success depends on by offering a similar venue minus the sign industry specificity. They obviously have a good thing going and a lot of power to drain off any independent website's traffic. But again, that makes them competition, not a threat.