• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Liqiud Laminate on window perf - PROBLEM

AceHigh

Does anyone have some advice on how to remove the dried liquid laminate that has built up in the holes of the window perf? I have tried hitting it with a stiff brissel brush, but it only removed some of it. It is installed on the windows already. Not sure if I will have to remove it and do new panels?? Trying to avoid that since there is about 100 sf of material up on the windows. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Carl

CheapVehicleWrap

reprint? welcome! You'd have been better off with NO laminate is what you're suggesting? Or am I suggesting that? Sorry to answer in all questions. One with REALLY good skills could cut it out in a few hours. Lotza small holes, would go through several blades. Compressed air? You didn't spray it after installation did you?

AceHigh

Thanks for the advise. I think I will be better off just pulling it down an installing new ones. I would rather loose the material than spend all that tedious time cleaning those holes. I already get dizzy when I look at that perf too long. I knew that I should've left it un-laminated!!! I hate it when I try do do a little extra for the customer and it backfires.
I'm still open to other ideas if anyone has any?? I won't get around to replacing them until next week unless I get a better idea.
Thanks, Carl

Typestries

3 things work for us
1. No lam
2. Frog juice spray lam
3. Optically clear film lam

experiment and find what you prefer and what works best for you