Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liquid Laminate with Texture?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by daenterpri, Feb 5, 2014.

1. daenterpri

daenterpri Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Hello! I'm in the process of making some pickle ball(cross between table tennis and tennis) paddle skins for a customer. We are having a hard time with the laminate though. Other skins out on the market right now are a vinyl base but have a very nice matte textured finish. The finish doesn't scuff, is hard and very durable. It always looks nice. However, every standard laminate I put on there (cast or otherwise), quickly starts looking dingy, marred, scratched after mild use.

It almost seems like maybe a liquid matte laminate with some texture would be good? Does that exist?

What do you guys think I should try?

Tags:
  2. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Why not use a polycarbonate trade show laminate or 3 Ms 3647 if you need lots of grip.

3. daenterpri

daenterpri Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    We actually already got a sample of the 3647 and the texture is way too thick. Need to be able to barely feel it.

4. Christian @ 2CT Media

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    3648 and 3645 are good alternatives then, or Seal makes a Deep Crystal laminate that is lightly textured and is polycarbonate so it will be very durable.

5. daenterpri

daenterpri Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    I really appreciate your help. The Deep Crystal laminate, in matte, sounds exactly like what we are looking for. Thanks again!

6. Christian @ 2CT Media

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    No problem... Big Fish on here has a similar if not the exact same thing if you want to support a mm.

7. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Yes I carry a 4 Mil Textured Matte that is what your looking for, my price compared to anything else will be much more aggressive.

8. daenterpri

daenterpri Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Thanks BigfishDM! Any way I can get a sample of that product?

9. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over

Yeah no problem just PM your company info and address