Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Liquid Laminate?

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by phototec, Jun 23, 2020.

1. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    Which Liquid Laminate do you use on Eco-Sol printed banners for long term UV protection (satin finish)?

I was using Drytac EnduraCoat Transit - Liquid Coating for Outdoor & Fleet Graphics (1 Gallon), but I am having problems finding it. Like it has been discontinued.

Thanks for any suggestions

2. When I worked in a shop that specialized in commerical fleet wraps we used Marabu.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    Marabu then morphed into the name Clear Shield. It's widely used but be sure to use the 'Original Formula' or 'Classic'. It's far more UV protective than vinyl laminate and it's tough but it's still only 1 mm of acrylic as compared to 2 mm of vinyl. I've been using it for years. I never laminate with vinyl unless held at gunpoint.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Interesting, I thought the "clear shield classic" was the finish type, but now I see the Clear Shield logo on the back of the gallon I bought that it is definitely labeled as with the Marabu Logo also.