• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Liquid UV options

RycckG

Has anyone worked with liquid UV coatings for use in a roll coater, other than Drytac or Neschen?

Thanks in Advance

Rising

Is UV laminate actually worth using at all? We did a project, UV ink direct to substrate and the client specifically asked for a laminate (but not film) to help protect against knocks and bumps.

After printing the panels (they are quite large) we UV clear lammed them, well it makes diddly squat difference.

If the job is long term, then the UV may help the colour fastness of the ink, or maybe with a gloss lam enhance the image, but you wouldnt want a high gloss either as quite often to much glare, if using a matt liquid lamiate then you can not tell at all if its there. The company that UV lammed these panels for us told us that they hardly use it and wanted to get rid as its a huge bit of kit that cost a lot and is lying idle most of the time. Its just clear UV liquid on top of ink, does not (in my opinion) help in any other way at all.

Just UV print and dont liquid laminate.

Last edited: