• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

List your Versaworks Settings for PHOTOS...

splizaat

Curious what you guys are using for settings in versaworks when printing photos? I've played with printing this photo last night on my SP300V tonight for about an hour and a half just printing using different settings and just about EVERYTHING appeared grainy...

I'm printing photos to Oracal 3164 (good white point)
I tried everything using 3164 profile and got the best results with the Roland Generic I vinyl profile and US Pre-Press, lightening it up about two clicks.

Just curious what kind of settings you guys are using so I can try to use them as base point and see where I get with them. Obviously every printer is going to be slightly different, which is why I'm looking for base point settings.

I have an order of 100 5"x7" prints on vinyl and it's taking a long time but I ran with the generic I vinyl profile and us pre press settings for now.

Lemme know what you're using!

Malkin

Home now... But i do know that we turn off any automatic color correction. We found that the color correction would over saturate a bit.

splizaat

I'm worried about grainy-ness? Any tips on getting rid of grainy-ness or is it pretty unlikely that it'll go away? I realize it's not a photo printer, it's a vinyl printer so if this is the case, I need to know if I'm troubleshooting something that won't go away lol

RaptorRay

Versaworks settings for photos

In versaworks under

Quality
Color Management
use Pre-Press
Select the Properties button
Matching Method
Raster ----> Perceptual < --- this is important for photos
Vector ----> Colormetric

May want to check the Preserve Primary Colors box.

Ray

NolaSignGuy

I usually tend to use the Matte-Pet setting for photographs, usually using the high quality setting instead of the standard setting. It has 8 passes a minute instead of 9 with standard and it usually works well for me.