• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Little Bird

mrchips

Just finished this up.....1"x12"x30" HDU, hand carved and finished with latex paint. The bird is in a 5" circle.

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 91

FatCat

That pheasant is nothing short of awesome!

*Forgive my ignorance, but was the gold leafed or painted?

mrchips

Thanks very much everyone!

"is it gold leaf?".....yes

"is it upside down?"....yes

Normally, the circle would be on the top but this is going to hang under a roof overhang.

Thanks again,

Joe,

Attachments

• IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 84

thesignexpert

Nice craftsmanship! That a nice bit of work on the lil' birdie and the gold leaf v-groove copy looks awesome. What do you use to burnish your gold? It seems everyone has a little trick that gets them a nice bright sheen. What's yours?

Tim

"Useful Sign Forms, Marketing Packets and Clipart for the Sign Professional"
TheSignExpert.com

J Hill Designs

looks fabulous! My question is what the @#%$ is holding it off the wall in the picture? I see nothing in the shadow...its like its floating

mrchips

Thanks again!

Bright gilds?

Pay attention to the details. Glossy undercoat, wait for the right tack (don't use much size.....just a film) and I "burnish" (clean up creases and fill holidays) with a good size, red sabol brush.......sweeping left to right. This way, any scratches you leave will be across the letters......reflecting more light. Like when you produce a flat, bevel gild.

Floating sign off the wall?

I have no idea how that can be done easily.

I just put mine on a roll of transfer tape on the porch floor. :ROFLMAO:

Joe,

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg