• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Little upgrade to work table

Tim Aucoin

Using a "scrap" part (rod) from an old printer and a few items from UFA (hardware) store... work table now has an adjustable height roll holder for masking larger graphics and vinyl! Works like a charm and only cost me around $19 to make. Makes masking those larger pieces so much easier! :Big Laugh
Had a hard time finding eye bolts that size, but finally found them at a Farm supply store! The size was PERFECT for the pole I had in mind... it's like it was meant to be!! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 68

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks like a neat idea, but it doesn't look very safe. What happens if you don't have anything loaded and you whisk around the corner ?? That could smart rather intensely around the hip area...... or cut a hole in your side. Hate to hit it head-on.......................... :Oops:

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
What Gino said....plus, there's no tensioner or anything for your pre-mask....you're gonna have issues with the tape falling on your graphic or simply not unrolling with that.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
plus, there's no tensioner or anything for your pre-mask....you're gonna have issues with the tape falling on your graphic or simply not unrolling with that

not true, i have had an old media holder from some junked roland fj-52's on both ends of my bench for 7 years, works like a charm, no tentioner needed.

i tried to attach a pic, but signs101 says it's not an image file... tried a few times with different pics and no luck, FRED?

not true, i have had an old media holder from some junked roland fj-52's on both ends of my bench for 7 years, works like a charm, no tentioner needed.

i tried to attach a pic, but signs101 says it's not an image file... tried a few times with different pics and no luck, FRED?

We use an old broom handle 22 years and never had an issue LOL

Warmoth

I too was having issues trying to post an image today. Not sure what the problem is. File fits the limits.

Tim Aucoin

What Gino said....plus, there's no tensioner or anything for your pre-mask....you're gonna have issues with the tape falling on your graphic or simply not unrolling with that.

I thought of the "danger" as Gino mentioned. There are only two of us that work around this table. I'm going to "pad" the ends of the L brackets, and I'll take the bar out when not in use.
It really doesn't need a tensioner... I just finished masking two 14' x 24" pieces with no issues at all... the angle from the height of the roll to the end of the table keeps the tape up off of the graphic. I'll take a pic next time prior to squeegeing (is that a word LOL) the graphic down!:rolleyes:
Here's a couple pics... I already trimmed the excess off (which I used for other decals the customer wanted!!). The clamps are a simple way to keep the roll from drifting.

.... DANG... It won't let me upload pics! Don't know why?!! :frustrated:

Tim Aucoin

NOW it let me upload pics... LOL :rock-n-roll:

Cut Avery SC900 Metallic. Going to cut the blue portion tomorrow! I'll take a pic (or video) of the thing in action!

Attachments

• IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 100

phototec

NOW it let me upload pics... LOL :rock-n-roll:

Cut Avery SC900 Metallic. Going to cut the blue portion tomorrow! I'll take a pic (or video) of the thing in action!

It is better to have tension on the roll so the masking doesn't unroll and touch the graphics prematurely, and looking at your CLAMPS on both the pipe and the roll that is adding the TENSION needed....even if you don't think so!

:thumb: