• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

loading fonts into photoshop

bella

Hello all, I recently downloaded some free fonts from the internet but I am unsure of how and where to load them up in photoshop. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks Bella xxx

zmatalucci

you do it into your computers operating system.. control panel ---> fonts drag and drop
of course you will have to unzip the files prior to this

bella

Hi, thank you. OK when I go into control panel is there anything particular I need to look out for so i can unzip and dump the fonts?

Bigdawg

Just Me
You need to unzip them before you move them to the Fonts folder inside the Windows folder...

What operating system do you have?

zmatalucci

unzip the fonts first
then go to control panel, then double click on "fonts". this will open the fonts folder. locate the .ttf files in the unzipped folder. now tile the fonts folder and your unzipped font folder, drag and drop the .ttf's

bella

Thank you very much for your help and this is why I love this form because there is always great advice and help available Thanks xx

Janey

This is a great question as I only use a PC for my router...as I am a Mac person and design there. But does a PC only use ttf file? And if you put the fonts in the font folder as you describe do they come available for all programs on a PC? peace, Janey

HeavyHitter

I created a short cut to the fonts folder. Makes it a lot faster to drop in new fonts. I keep the short cut on my desktop in the lower right corner. Always there.... just drog the new font into the short cut.