Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

loading fonts into photoshop

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by bella, Oct 12, 2009.

1. bella

bella Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Hello all, I recently downloaded some free fonts from the internet but I am unsure of how and where to load them up in photoshop. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks Bella xxx

Tags:
  2. zmatalucci

zmatalucci Premium Subscriber

you do it into your computers operating system.. control panel ---> fonts drag and drop
    of course you will have to unzip the files prior to this

3. bella

bella Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Hi, thank you. OK when I go into control panel is there anything particular I need to look out for so i can unzip and dump the fonts?

4. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    You need to unzip them before you move them to the Fonts folder inside the Windows folder...

What operating system do you have?

5. bella

bella Member

Jul 10, 2009
    windows xp

6. zmatalucci

zmatalucci Premium Subscriber

unzip the fonts first
    then go to control panel, then double click on "fonts". this will open the fonts folder. locate the .ttf files in the unzipped folder. now tile the fonts folder and your unzipped font folder, drag and drop the .ttf's

7. bella

bella Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Thank you very much for your help and this is why I love this form because there is always great advice and help available Thanks xx

8. mark-s

mark-s Active Member

May 11, 2005
    SoCal
    Once unzipped you can copy and paste to your font folder.
    mark-s

9. omgsideburns

omgsideburns Very Active Member

Apr 15, 2008
    c:\windows\fonts

on a side note, in Vista you can right click/install them.

10. Janey

Janey Member

Jun 19, 2008
    This is a great question as I only use a PC for my router...as I am a Mac person and design there. But does a PC only use ttf file? And if you put the fonts in the font folder as you describe do they come available for all programs on a PC? peace, Janey

11. HeavyHitter

HeavyHitter Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I created a short cut to the fonts folder. Makes it a lot faster to drop in new fonts. I keep the short cut on my desktop in the lower right corner. Always there.... just drog the new font into the short cut.