• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

loading prints in to cutter backwards

Jb1983

I was under the belief that the barcode system allowed us to load the prints in any direction in to the cutter?
Ive printed almost a full roll of stickers and loaded the printed ROLL on the back of the cutter using the roll holders. when the machine went to cut the first stickers its cutting them upside down thinking the roll was loaded from the front. Were the barcodes not suppose to know what direction its loaded?? No its gonna take me a bunch of extra time cutting in to shorter sections and loading form the front.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Assuming you’re using onyx? That should be the case. But you’re going to have to tell us what software(s) you are using.

aside from that, I’m going to assume you have a laminator. Just load the roll on that and get it to wind it up the other way while you figure out what’s wrong.

Jb1983

Sorry I’m using flexi that came with the machine.
Yes I have a laminator but it does not have a take up reel so I have do it manually .

these are un laminated stickers

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Sounds like a software issue. In onyx it generates barcodes for either side so it knows what side is in. Is that the case there? Has anything updated/changed recently? Maybe needs an update?

Might be a PITA but it doesn’t need a take up, I’m gonna assume it has a take up for the excess paper that comes off the laminate and/or encapsulating. Just put an empty tube on that, then run the roll through with no laminate and attach it to where the excess paper wouod usually end up.

Side note, our laminator doesn’t have a take up, but I still laminate to roll. As the roll comes out, I tape it to a new tube, then rest the tube on the back rollers. Stick a heavy pole etc in there to make sure it’s got enough weight to keep it on the rollers and you’re good to go. (May not work for your laminator though, worth a shot). Unless it has slitters it does help to have your laminate about 1” shorter than the roll of vinyl though.

Jb1983

Turned out to be a glitch. After restarting my production manager and turning the cutter off and on from the rear switch it started cutting properly. Guess I should have tried the old restart everything method first! haha