• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Loading tape with tab for webbing laminator

dypinc

Every time I load the laminator like this I always wonder if any one makes a tape with a tab on for easy removal. Something that might come with a dispenser. Easy enough to make them when loading but it does take-up some time. I have done searches but not quite sure what you would call it and never seem to be able to find anything.

Any suggestions?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Lam_loading.jpg
    Lam_loading.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 133

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Honestly, how much time is required to fold a piece of tape? 1 second? Sorry I just see this as a non-issue. And I've never seen anyone load laminate this way.

T_K

I agree that taking 1-2 seconds to make my own tabs wouldn't make another product worth buying. I've started doing the tabs when I'm taping down vinyl for install because it leaves less adhesive upon removal, making for a cleaner install. I'm not interested in having to keep up with yet another tool and consumables that won't save me that much time. I think of the packing tape guns and all the problems I have with those.