• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Local Festival.....

Mosh

Our small town has two festivals every year. Arbor day, yes we are the home of Arbor day and the National Arbor Day Foundation, and in the fall Applejack, lots of local apple orchards. During these two weeks I am super busy BUT all parade and small crap. Pretty much a community service, I go from $75 an hour shop input to $35-$40 and turn twice to three times as many hours. Anyone else have this "problem". Kinda fun to see all my signs at the festivals, but by the time the weekend comes I am spent....going on 28 hours in shop since Monday morning right now (Tuesday 7:00) and not an end in sight.....Sorry for the rant, back at it the printer just got done with another banner.....

10.jpg
2.jpg

30.jpg

ALLIED.jpg

JBusch260

Ooh man, 28 hours already is a lot! We do quite a bit of festival work every year. Do you have anybody handy that might be willing to help out for some cash/food/booze?

Mosh

At 5 the doors get locked and the beer start flowing.....kinda scary cause I am getting ready to use my shear to chop down 30 coro blanks....watch the fingers....

To be honest it is fun work, not much expectations for parade stuff, everyone is always happy, I print everything high speed, that looks 1,000 times better than the home-made stuff any day. Just a lot of hours.

I am right on the busiest corner in town, people think I am a hard worker....LOL

3.JPG

JBusch260

Haha well in that case, keep up the good work, keep enjoying the beers, but most importantly, keep the fingers.

skyhigh

A "Tree Adventure" AND a "Corn Maze"?????
Wow, you guys know how to party!!!

I may have to bring the family out for vacation next year.:thumb:

(watch your fingers, you drunken maniac).

Pat Whatley

We used to do all the work for a huge music festival in town. Never failed that the two weeks before were 16-18 hour days. They were literally dumping stuff on us as fast as they could come up with it. By the time the festival actually got here the last thing I wanted to do was show up.

Craig Sjoquist

Nice signs Mosh & good to see a doing for the community, be some good times.

Myself & at least 150 to 200 others will end up in a small town somewhere, next year Shipshewana Indiana
Last 2 where in Arcola & Kewanee Illinois were we paint about 16 murals about the the town & history not advertising for a business all in 4 days & this has been on going for 20 years.

With only project leaders earning a income the rest of us pay our own way & we all paint & enjoy each others company plus the kindness of the community,

Let me tell ya after Arcola my 1st I'm hooked & really now just work here just so I can go to the next Walldog Meet, I have never had such meaningful times in my life as a Walldog meet. ...Doing something for a community is a wonderful feeling indeed & I ask where have I been all these years.

TheSnowman

You know how I feel about the "charge more" scenario...but I'll leave that alone.

If you are swamped and have banner work, you may want to look to a particular merchant member here...with the letter "2" in it. It's totally changed the way I operate. If you can let someone else be your "employee" on a few jobs, and get caught back up, you'll enjoy it a lot more.

Isn't it about time to get in the field?

ddubia

Our city is home to our state flower. Every year there is a week-long event that goes on from morning to night. Contests, festivities, lottsa food, demonstrations, a huge parade, and bands playing every day and every night.

We get none of that work. Instead of churning out professional-looking (knock-off work) at a reduced price for the goodwill of it, (and still make some money), the shop I work at wants to charge full price and extra for the rush jobs.

So we miss out on any and all of that work. We get no money from the week-long celebration and garner absolutely no goodwill with the area businesses, clubs, youth groups, churches, organizations, community members or community leaders.

We're the only shop in town so the signs and banners you see are either crappy homemade stuff or the work of sign shops in the nearby city 20 miles away. We used to do some of it but it has dwindled to nothing for the past three years.

Pathetic.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Way to go......:thumb:

Life is too short, not to stop and smell the roses once in a while and give back to the community. Being that involved and highly visible will bring in much other work tenfold, I'm sure. It has for us on the occasions we do this sorta thing. Just no need to advertise your low wages on this event.

We do quite a bit of community things and it's not just a business go-getter, but a very rewarding feeling in the end, that can't be described.

John Butto

I agree with Gino and Mosh should be commended on his tirelessly hard work for that event. So tonight I will have a shot of Wild Turkey with that beer in honor of Mosh.

tattoo.dan

Coming up on that time of year here too Mosh..

Apple Festival this weekend, then 2 local parades 2 weeks apart..we do the same thing.

lower our prices for them and lock the door at 5 and get the beer out.:wink:

It is fun taking the kids to the parades and watching them point out all of the things "Daddy did"

makes the busiest time of year filled with crazy lil BS worth it