• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Local High School Swimming Signs

TheSnowman

Had some parents come to me and want us to do swimming signs for them to put in their yards. I am MAJORLY at a loss for a design because I need something that you look at and it screams swimming, but it needs to be a unisex design, and not just male or female. I've looked several times on iStock, but it's either a cartoon, or a stick figure. I turned to google, and I'm not finding anything that flips my switch there either.

Anyone done these, and have any luck with a universal logo that screams "this is a swimming sign"?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
A little more information on the content and theme of the signs might help us.

Jillbeans

Yes, not enuff info.
Suggestions would be:
*legible
*school colors
*maybe just "SWIM TEAM" or whatever it is rather than a pictorial.
Love.....Jill

TheSnowman

I really don't have a ton more info. It's just the swim team at our high school. Viking Mascot, I have that, but they don't use anything personalized or anything for their swimming that I can tell. All I can think of is the signs that say "no diving" and have that stick figure jumping into the pool, but I don't want people to think that when they see them.

They just basically said "do what you want, but have it swim oriented". Maybe I just use the viking head and put "Swimming" under it or something like that. Just thought it'd be cool to have something like a swimmer on the sign. Just can't find one that covers the demographic that isn't lame.

Found this, but not sure if I like it or not...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 63

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Make sure you know the code... over here in California, we have a specified typeface size, and information that is required... I think most states have their own.

The pic is from an old post showing size comparison, I frequently "design" pool signs to fit the architecture or area....

Attachments

• pooling around comparison.jpg
    pooling around comparison.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 47

TheSnowman

Ooo...that's interesting! I could possibly do something with that in that direction. Long as it looks more viking-ish that devil-ish anyway.

Rick, not sure what you mean about codes. These are just yard signs for people's yards, not anything for around a pool.

TheSnowman

like this?

Yea, that's all that is coming to my mind as something that screams "swimming" to me. But, it's not athletic as far as school spirit at all!

I like what Joe has...but I'm not sure how you work something like that in with Vikings. Here is the logo they use for everything else.

Attachments

• viking.jpg
    viking.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 65

MikePro

There's "P" in the pool... "Poo" too!

in terms of "screaming swimming", there's always something like this:
t-shirt_design-073.jpg
...but with a viking character could work