Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Local Ink End-------S" JV3-160SP Mimaki

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by WestbankKurt, Jul 18, 2012.

1. WestbankKurt

WestbankKurt Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I get this message and I cannot get rid of it or solve the problem. Somebody please have the answer as I am stumped!
    Thank you

Tags:
  2. Freese

Freese Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Are you running CMYK?

3. WestbankKurt

WestbankKurt Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Answer

Thank you for a response but the levels do not read below 2 so I did not think that was the answer. It is impossible to know everything and that is why we come to this site, to gain perspective not be looked down upon.

4. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

Ink End means the printer thinks the cartridge is empty. One of a few things

that specific cartridge is empty
    the chip on that cartridge thinks it's empty
    the empty tab on the cartrdige is sticking out triggering the printer to say it's empty (this will also write empty to the chip which cannot be undone)
    the empty tab microswitch in the slot has come loose or become damaged triggering the empty message
    the main board is going bad

One that does strike me as odd is it indicates the color as "S"? Maybe that is cleaning solution in unused slots on a machine configured as 6 color?

"looked down upon"??? You did not really give much information to go on like what you have already tried, what the ink configuration is (CCMMYYKK, CMYKLcLm), etc. Also, only one thread was necessary....

5. WestbankKurt

WestbankKurt Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Good info

Thank you sightline for a informative answer! I can look into the cleaning cartridge and report back.

6. WestbankKurt

WestbankKurt Member

Jul 1, 2009
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Cleaning

Thank you, it was the cleaning cartridge.