• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"Local Ink End-------S" JV3-160SP Mimaki

WestbankKurt

I get this message and I cannot get rid of it or solve the problem. Somebody please have the answer as I am stumped!
Thank you

WestbankKurt

Answer

Thank you for a response but the levels do not read below 2 so I did not think that was the answer. It is impossible to know everything and that is why we come to this site, to gain perspective not be looked down upon.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Ink End means the printer thinks the cartridge is empty. One of a few things

that specific cartridge is empty
the chip on that cartridge thinks it's empty
the empty tab on the cartrdige is sticking out triggering the printer to say it's empty (this will also write empty to the chip which cannot be undone)
the empty tab microswitch in the slot has come loose or become damaged triggering the empty message
the main board is going bad

One that does strike me as odd is it indicates the color as "S"? Maybe that is cleaning solution in unused slots on a machine configured as 6 color?

"looked down upon"??? You did not really give much information to go on like what you have already tried, what the ink configuration is (CCMMYYKK, CMYKLcLm), etc. Also, only one thread was necessary....