• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Location Change, Sales up or down?

Business Sales at new locations

• Business decreased

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Sales stayed the same

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Sales increased 5%

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Sales increased 10%

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Sales increased 20%

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Sales went thru the roof

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

cartoad

For those of you who have changed locations either from home or an out of the way location to a store front on a busy street with good visiblility, how were your sales changed? Did your sales decrease or increase, and if so by how much? Did you change any other marketing efforts or just rely on a new location? Any other challenges to a more visible location?

TheSnowman

Summer was CRAZY better than last summer...we're slow now though, so hopefully we can justify the bigger rent payment through the winter.

jasonx

From moving out of home to our factory we increased sales by 750% in our first year. We didn't have much sales moving out from home and it wasn't a full financial year either. Our second year should see that growth rate at about 230% were on target for that but hopefully can increase it even further.

Naturally marketing has played a big part plus moving from just having a vinyl cutter at home to now have two printers, laminator, mounters etc. We also have a full time staff member now and sub contract designers, copy writers etc. Hopefully we can expand our equipment and staff at the end of this year.

DPD

The answers you get may be skewed because it really depends on the type of location the business moved from and to and the type of customer base the business services. For instance, if you had a retail location servicing walk-in traffic and you moved to a business location outside of your service area you will probably lose a chunk of your business.

Happened to a friend of mine.

Big House Signs

We went from a scary cinderblock building in an old industrial park to a nice building in a well traveled retail district. Now we also added a digital printer. Our fist year in the new location we doubled the business. I owe the increase to our location and our ability to digital print on demand. We are almost at the end of our 2nd year here and we are 25% behind where we were last year and I think that is due to the economy. Still happy with our move though.

Paula