• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lockout Tags

stickerhed

Is cast vinyl w/laminate considered chemical resistant enough to make lockout tags when applied to a 15mil rigid vinyl?

LarryB

Is cast vinyl w/laminate considered chemical resistant enough to make lockout tags when applied to a 15mil rigid vinyl?
Tags are usually screen printed. If you have 100 or more it make sense to find a screen printer to sub it to. That's what I do.

stickerhed

Tags are usually screen printed. If you have 100 or more it make sense to find a screen printer to sub it to. That's what I do.
Thanks for your reply but that's not what I asked. I don't want to sub it, they are small amounts. I need to know if it's considered chemical resistant enough.

2B

Thanks for your reply but that's not what I asked. I don't want to sub it, they are small amounts. I need to know if it's considered chemical resistant enough.

you are VERY vague...... Hard to give opinions
* what type of chemical
* what type of exposure
* how long of a lifespan is expected

contact your supplier and get them to provide official documentation or who to contact within the manufacturer for this information

stickerhed

you are VERY vague...... Hard to give opinions
* what type of chemical
* what type of exposure
* how long of a lifespan is expected

contact your supplier and get them to provide official documentation or who to contact within the manufacturer for this information
Sorry, I wasn't being vague on purpose, I thought maybe someone had done them before out of vinyl. Some of them are just decals.

Glavin_ID

We screen print or flatbed print ours directly on 12mil PVC. We sell tens of thousands a year and have never had anyone complain about chemical resistance. Almost all are one time use as they get written on with situational specific information then tossed when they are done. Years ago we had to switch materials because what we were using didn’t meet the “pull strength test” and the grommet ripped out too easily. I have seen much heavier duty versions that are meant to be used over and over but they were totally encapsulated with heavy duty edge sealed laminate.

stickerhed

We screen print or flatbed print ours directly on 12mil PVC. We sell tens of thousands a year and have never had anyone complain about chemical resistance. Almost all are one time use as they get written on with situational specific information then tossed when they are done. Years ago we had to switch materials because what we were using didn’t meet the “pull strength test” and the grommet ripped out too easily. I have seen much heavier duty versions that are meant to be used over and over but they were totally encapsulated with heavy duty edge sealed laminate.
Thanks for the response. I'll do them out of vinyl and hope for the best.