• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo critique & insight on a logo change!

TheSellOut

January of 2010 will be the "Heath Sign Company's" 5 year Anniversary! I have been thinking of changing my logo so that I have an actual mark, and thought what better time to change it than now!

Let me know what you guys think of the logos (the one that looks like my avatar is the existing logo) and what you think about a logo change!

Attachments

• HSC_Logo.jpg
    HSC_Logo.jpg
    743.1 KB · Views: 161
  • HSC_NEW Logo.jpg
    HSC_NEW Logo.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 122

Marlene

getting a red x so there's something wrong in your file. check to see that it is RGB and try attaching again.

animenick65

To be honest, I like your logo as is though I do understand the want to move forward and give yourself a new face for a growing and successful company. My only critique on your new logo is the .com. It seems out of place, or just thrown in there for the sake of having it there. Maybe try incorporating it a bit more or drop it all together? If your doing self advertising you'd probably have plenty of space for a website anyway. Keep your logo as a representation of your company and keep info like your website separate. Either way, thats my $.02 and congrats on 5 years of business!

Joe Diaz

I really like it. Especially the "H" arrows icon. If I were asked to critique it, I would say try coming up with a better lettering choice for the "Heath Sign". One that isn't so basic. I'm not saying add a bunch of effects or fills or filters, but a more custom lettering style, would really set this design off.:thumb:

Joe Diaz

To be honest, I like your logo as is though I do understand the want to move forward and give yourself a new face for a growing and successful company. My only critique on your new logo is the .com. It seems out of place, or just thrown in there for the sake of having it there. Maybe try incorporating it a bit more or drop it all together? If your doing self advertising you'd probably have plenty of space for a website anyway. Keep your logo as a representation of your company and keep info like your website separate. Either way, thats my $.02 and congrats on 5 years of business!

I disagree about keeping the .com separate. I think including it every time you use your logo helps you market your site better. This way you can condense two things into one. But I do agree with you about figuring out away to incorporate better.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
I disagree about keeping the .com separate. I think including it every time you use your logo helps you market your site better. This way you can condense two things into one. But I do agree with you about figuring out away to incorporate better.

:thumb::goodpost:

i agree joe.....the place i work for was originally owned by my aunt, and when she designed the logo 30 years ago, she incorporated the phone number into the logo....so wherever our logo is...so is the number....makes ads a lot easier...biz cards cleaner.....i like have the .com on there the way it is, but also think that the font could use improvement

Jillbeans

I wish I could enlarge your pic, it looks nice from the thumbnail and refreshingly free from outlines.
Love....Jill

rjpjr

Your re-designed logo variation looks very clean and professional and has great Branding potential. I say go with it. I think it is a BIG improvement over your current identity.
:thumb:

basicmetal

I really like the new icon a lot. I was wondering if you tried to make only the upwards pointing arrow red & then rotate it clockwise a bit so it is pointing up & forward? Maybe it won't look like it does in my head, but it's just a thought to emphasize upward & forward motion you would be looking for as a business.

TheSellOut

Round 2

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions! For some reason some ppl could see the attachment and others could just see the thumbnail or a red X, so hopefully this attachment everyone can see!

First I tried a few different fonts and I decided that sticking with the font from my orginal logo, Serpentine bold, might be a good way to keep a sense of the old logo. I customized it a bit by taking off all the serifs and squaring it up!

Then I accidentally moved the white circle inside the grey circle which created a half moon look. I liked that so much I added a red half moon.

Finally, at basicmetal's suggestion, I rotated the icon to the right. I had it rotated to the left because it fit nicely in between the unbalanced Heath & Sign lettering, but I think I like it more rotated the the right for basic's reasoning of it "moving forward"!

Attachments

• HSC_NEW Logo Finals.jpg
    HSC_NEW Logo Finals.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 113

Mikeifg

I like it i makes me want to put more of a logo type feel to my company. It's good and professional.

signmeup

Nice. Doesn't look "dinky sign shop". Looks like "big professional sign shop". Love how it works best in B&W.

signmeup

Post #15 bottom left looks best to me. Have you tried the logo straight up and down? I also like how the G decender stays tight to the bottom so you can get the sub copy nice and close. Serpentine works well for this.