• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Critique

tonywhittier

Working on a logo for a construction company that wanted something new and "edgy" any ideas, suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 134

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Right now it's rather dark and forbidding.

Color, properly done, may or may not mitigate that. Too much color and it will look like a logo for a traveling circus, too little and it will remain dark and forbidding. I use the term 'forbidding' because it most certainly doesn't make me want to call on them.

If those round things are supposed to be screws then they conflict with the perceived perspective the drop shadow adds to the band where they live. Try allen heads, they come in perspective and there's no doubt as to just what they are.

Overall, way too much detail for a logo. Try losing all of the effects and see what it says.

SuncitySigns

Would it be worth making the secondary panel/copy the same length as the "Blackbear" wording or just that little it bigger in general?

artbot

i think the bear is too illustrative. could be a good bit more iconic. currently it's in kind of a "sports team" design idiom. that said, i'd look at a lot of sports logos and study how they've been deconstucted/simplified.

visual800

I like it, I would place more space on the smaller caps though and either do good screws on the capsule or dump the ones you have

John Butto

Maybe someone in the Northwest or Alaska can see it better, but that looks like a Grizzly Bear. Nice illustration anyway.

SIGNTIME

i think it looks good only thing is the message that is most important is the smallest part and the last that my eye went to

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Lookin' good, but I would use a black bear. Someone down the line is going to complain about that and someone's gonna feel a little embarrassed.