• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo critique...

777signs

I hate doing my own Logos. I sat down last week with my friend, and we came up with this. This is a logo that is directed at only racecar drivers. 777Graphics is our racing graphics, SDR Signs will be our Retail side whenever we do finally get open. We wanted something that was a little wild and we could print and put on the race cars that we do. Racers like the diamond plate, stars, wild colors(except green). even though our team colors are green, we kept it off the logo because some are superstitious.

Attachments

• 777 Graphics.jpg
    777 Graphics.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 158

SignManiac

Not sure I would consider that a true logo. It looks more like a layout for a sign. Most logo's on their own don't include the phone number and website within it. It needs simplification and strong enough to stand alone. IMO

Looking at it twice, seems very busy with all of the effects. I don't think it would work well in black and white.

777signs

I guess logo was the wrong wording. I am going to place this on each car, so I guess it would be a sign. That way when a person likes the car, they see who did it and can call me to get theirs done. In our area, within 100 miles, there are 500 plus racers. Most know me because they get their photos, sponsor plaques, and all that good stuff, from me. This is my next step, I have been doing 20-30 cars per year, but with wraps, we are going to do even more.

HeavyHitter

I have been building race cars, trucks, buggies, and shopping carts for many years. LOL I know very few who like diamond plate. IMHO... I would say keep the logo a little more simple so it will contrast better on the racecar. A lot of times race cars are seen more in pictures. You want the logo / sign to stand out in magazine pictures. Just my opinion. My back ground involves offroad vehicles and racing. I have not done much roundy round stuff.

Keep the design in a format where you can use it in different colors to work with what ever you stick it on. SignManiac touch on this a little by mentioning black and white.

tracey.peterson

I like the logo - especially the steel look of the background -tis pleasing to look at and not overbearing.

Three things I'll point out though, as an inkjet guy:

-Gradients can be tough to work with across multiple machines - you may find some tonal quantization (rainbows in the gradient, basically) that are hard to color match. May or may not be an issue.
-The "graphics" bit is gonna be tough to see on a car - especially if it's moving. You may want to think about having the flames a bit less complex for this reason.
-The phone number and website are also going to be a bit overshadowed by the rest of the design - to me, it blends in a bit with the "graphics" flames as is. You may want to think about using a more eyeball grabbing color than yellow (I'm thinking the red of your 7s maybe and the purple of your "graphics" maybe?)

Just an opinion ;)

Dave Drane

Sorry, back to the drawing board.. way too many special effects... Just because you can??? Don't do it. Especiallty the Diamond plate??? too overdone alreaduy.

Jillbeans

Yup just because you can doesn't mean you should.
There is not a lot of contrast.
I avoid parenthesis on an area code or making it smaller, I like a nice even flow.
Just because it's for a race car, and racers like a lot of bling, it should have more pop than it does.
Try making the GRAPHICS in plain white, losing the double outlines, losing the yellow.
Switch the yellow to white on the 777, lose the gradient.
Make the scale of the diamond plate a bit smaller, maybe put the whole stars back in and only use it on them, making the background black.
Love....Jill
PS
I am bored so here is a little idea, I know you will hate it because it's not "racery". I had a flamed font I wanted to try.
:wink:

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited: