• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Critique

SEOR

Hey Guys. Just finished a preliminary logo for a small mountain town based helicopter and small plane training facility. He specified a few things such as a plane, a helo and a mountain scene since Jasper, GA is "The Mountain City". What do you guys think of this before I send it to him?

Attachments

• SMA.jpg
    SMA.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 193

SEOR

This is the first time I have ever used the font "Latin". LOL! I wasnt sure if it was time to start but it stuck with me once I got it typeset.

Marlene

it's pretty! I love the graphic with all the blues. the only thing I would suggest it to change to black plane and helo to a dark navy blue and maybe try Avation in the same dark navy. the black is good too.

TheSellOut

I like it too and I agree with Marlene on the navy blue. Also take out the two white dots below the windows of the heli and maybe try a windshield on the plane with a white to light blue gradient

SEOR

it's pretty! I love the graphic with all the blues. the only thing I would suggest it to change to black plane and helo to a dark navy blue and maybe try Avation in the same dark navy. the black is good too.

Funny you mention it. I originally went with navy on the plane, helo and Aviation, bit after looking at it, it looked real BLUUUUUUUUUUUUE. :Big Laugh

Marlene

Funny you mention it. I originally went with navy on the plane, helo and Aviation, bit after looking at it, it looked real BLUUUUUUUUUUUUE

maybe but the bluuuuuuuuuuuue is so pretty:biggrin:

signgal

Wow! Knocked my socks off! We've done a few signs for aviation industry and they usually want very tacky layouts. This is perfect!

I like the black too but wonder what the grey swooshies would look like in pale blue (from gradient)

daveb

General Know-it-all
If I may be so bold

Just my antiquated layout technique but I don't like to see a graphic hanging out in mid air, I like to sit it on something. Not that I don't like what you've got but I think you're looking for suggestions, not a pat on the back. I could play around with the "Sharp Mountain" a little to make it stand out better but I think you'll get the idea.
Just thinkin' (I do that too much):Big Laugh

Attachments

• SMA copy.jpg
    SMA copy.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 195

ddubia

Looks great. I like the first one best. Only change would maybe to remove the two lower chopper windows as said earlier. But with no changes it's a great job.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Nice sign but a dubious logo. Way too much detail and gratuitous effects.

Why is it that whenever a sign maker attempts a logo or a business card, it usually looks like a sign and not a logo or a business card. Perhaps the average sign maker has little aptitude for dealing with small areas.

Thatsa

I agree with most of the comments here. The blue makes it feel very crisp and cool, (like mountains I suppose). I do agree that the plane needs some white windows or something. It feels heavy without them. The only issue I have is with the script font. I tend to hesitate when it comes to script fonts because the message can sometimes get lost. Doing vehicle graphics has taught me that a clear, fast read gets the message into the consumers brain pan... clear and fast. Nice work all around, It makes me want to go hiking in the middle of nowhere via..... a plane! :thumb: