• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Critique

TheSellOut

Attached is my customers existing logo and a concept I am proposing! The customer didn't ask to have a new logo drawn up but I thought I would give him the option since he is looking to get all new signs, stationary, trifolds, etc...and I am hoping he wants to go with something new because the existing logo looks like some aliens have just landed and are walking out of the mother ship!

I didn't want to stray too far from his existing logo and the family is clip art, but I think it would give him a nice updated look...what do you think?

Attachments

• HFC_Existing.jpg
    HFC_Existing.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 174
  • HFC_New.jpg
    HFC_New.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 123

TheSellOut

He did request and HFC logo for the existing logo, so that is just an attempt at one to coincide with the new logo...I wasn't too crazy about it myself

Jillbeans

There's an adoption service here which uses the same people clipart.
The kid would certainly need a chiropractor after being dangled from its arms that way.
:)
I'd use his icon with your colors and layout.
Love....Jill

signmeup

Is it "Horn Family" Chiropractic or Horn "Family Chiropractic"?
Don't dangle the kid.
"HFC" is "Household Finance Company" up here.

Marlene

in the existing logo, it is clear that the chiropractor hands are taking care of the whole family. in your design, it's just a family playing with their kids. the message is lost. if you do offer up a new idea, I would keep the original graphic and maybe re-work the copy some to freshen it up.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
personally, neither one (old or new) says chiropractor to me....but i do like the new design better than the old...

TheSellOut

Thanks for the comments...good call on dangling the kid...I saw it as the parents were healthy enough to swing the child, but I see how "dangling" the child be just as prone to injury. I will also try to work the hands back in Marlene, I did like that idea in the existing logo! As far as the name, I wondered the same thing, I know the owner and he is the only Dr. Horn but I believe he and his wife started and operate the facility. By the original graphic I also thought they were a "Family Chiropractor".

Anyways the customer will be in this afternoon and I will find out if he is interested in a new logo, and if so, I will gather more info from him and post newer revisions!

MikePro

Michael Jackson's kid was never hurt from dangling!
agreed, regardless... my eye keeps getting drawn to it, wishing it was my turn to be swung.

sthammar

I agree with some of the others about using the old picture but with your layout.

One thing i am woundering about why the circle around the familly ?
Are they a global company or ? If they are only local i probably would choose to take the globe away from the old picture and just keep the familly and the hands..

stickermonkey

I think yours has a much more attractive colouring. And I 100% agree that it looks like aliens are coming out of a spacecraft in his original. The hands need to be there, the globe doesn't and again...your colouring is better. :) And rebranding at a time when you are buying all new marketing materials is the time to do it! So good luck with the pitch!

:thumb:

TheSellOut

The pitch went well and they want to go with a refreshed logo. Funny thing as Chiropractors they didn't say anything about the child dangling until I pointed it out. The thing that sucks is they don't like the colors, they want forest green and burgundy "blah", classic color combo, but way overdone in my town!

As far as the name, it is both the Horn Family and a Family Chiropractor, leaning more towards the Family Chiropractor, but they want the emphasis on Chiro

So here is a new revision, in which I brought back the hands and dropped the dangling kid!

Attachments

• HFC_HSC  Logo Concept 2.jpg
    HFC_HSC Logo Concept 2.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 105
  • HFC_HSC  Logo Concept 3.jpg
    HFC_HSC Logo Concept 3.jpg
    853.3 KB · Views: 99

Marlene

looks pretty good even with the burgundy and forest green :biggrin:

the letters in the font used for chiropractor looks odd to me. the letters don't seem to go together very well. It's the font, not you or anything you did to it, it just looks strange. anyone think so or am I seeing things?

signmeup

Marlene, the "C" seems crooked but I like the font and I really like what was done with the hands. Good job.
What is that font?

Marlene

Marlene, the "C" seems crooked but I like the font and I really like what was done with the hands. Good job.
What is that font?

I think that's it. it where the PRACT come together that looks odd to me.

TheSellOut

Thanks all...the font is "ZapftHumnst Ultra"...I did tighten up the kerning on this last post. Maybe I will space it back out to how it was in the original post, it does read easier spaced out more.

TheSellOut

Here are a couple more I've been toying with! I am digging were the family one is going!

Attachments

• HFC.jpg
    HFC.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 109