• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo critique

Pat Whatley

It's late, this is a freebie project, and I'm just not seeing straight any more.

Pick it apart, tell me how you feel, let me hear it.

...and yes, there are more Southern Traditions than sleeping with your sister and not learning how to read.

picture.php

Attachments

• SOUTHERN TRADITIONS.jpg
    SOUTHERN TRADITIONS.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 116

signage

It's late, this is a freebie project, and I'm just not seeing straight any more.

Pick it apart, tell me how you feel, let me hear it.

...and yes, there are more Southern Traditions than sleeping with your sister and not learning how to read.

picture.php

I think GG in that sweater burned out your retna's!

Nothing attached!

signage

Signmaniac see post 2 and Jill's post to sign girls, then you will know why he is seeing things:ROFLMAO::thumb:

Pro Image

Looks fine to me Pat.....The only thing I see is the arched bars are not all the way over to the edge of the letters on the right......Piddly I know.......:thumb:

Jillbeans

I don't like the incised lettering in the name combined with the prismatic lettering in the icon.
One or the other, Pat, but not both.
And the diagonal grid in the logo is like wearing checkered pants with a polka dot shirt.
But I bet you do that sometimes.
:)
Love....Jill

SignManiac

I hate it but it looks fantastic. I wouldn't change a thing. Maybe take the white out of it and try black instead. Flip it over side to side and collect the money!

GP

Top on looks great - move the "ST" up a little - doesn't look quite centered.

Not crazy about the check background. Looks a little busy.

Great work Pat - has a really nice feel.

GP

rjpjr

Pat,

The FEEL is good. It reminds of a liquor label. If that is the feel you were shooting for, you nailed it.

The Critiques are this,
1. I agree with everyone about the crosshatch background. I think it competes a little too much with the S and T. The leather approach should look much better.
2. "Entertainment" may be a little too subtle for my taste. I would be inclined to strengthen it a bit.

:thumb:

Attachments

• tweak.jpg
    tweak.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 85

TheSellOut

I think it is great Pat... nice work...I also like the cross-hatched, but maybe try a shade of grey instead of the black!