• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Critique

Sven

OK, I agree.. it needs something. It's a little boring. But there are a lot of really good, recognizable text only - or mostly text - logos out there. And I see more overdesigned crap logos out there than good simple logos. You know, add a drop shadow here, add a bevel, add a stroke - a lot of people think by just adding things that's design. I like text, and I think simple is better. But it definitely needs a little something..

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Attachments

• huggies.jpg
    huggies.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 118
  • Toshiba1.jpg
    Toshiba1.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 97
  • m&ms.jpg
    m&ms.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 117

Gino

Premium Subscriber
2 of those added something unique. HA! nice try Gino. :)

Seriously.... it wasn't a nice try. I thought it was said just letters don't do it. I didn't think an outline or bevel counted. I got the impression you wanted a geometrical shape, a harpoon or some whimsical icon like Mickey D's arches or Nike's swoosh.

How's this.............

Attachments

• campbells2.jpg
    campbells2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 106

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not changing a thing. Just adding an effect and beefing some stuff up a bit. Trying to keep as much feel as the original as it probably has some sentimental attachment since it was his father's for 20 years.

Not saying this is the answer, but only trying to continue on with what exists.

Attachments

• signs w-stripes.jpg
    signs w-stripes.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 99

Speedsterbeast

Seriously. Is that the name of the business?
It looks like the Top of the sign fell off.
I would be more concerend about adding something to the beginning ( and axing the x)

How about Beachcomber Signs & Graphics?

-Yes, I noticed where you're from.
Actually that's probably way overused where you are.

HulkSmash

Seriously.... it wasn't a nice try. I thought it was said just letters don't do it. I didn't think an outline or bevel counted. I got the impression you wanted a geometrical shape, a harpoon or some whimsical icon like Mickey D's arches or Nike's swoosh.

How's this.............

Dropshadow, and Kerning... ZING. another one bites the dust.

:)

visual800

this is what I mean for a slow progression if you are worried about the switch.

I had about 2 seconds to do this IT IS JUST A EXAMPLE

EDIT: the last example did not export correctly in the orange (supposed to be white text) but I think you get the idea

NO! trash those also....this whole design is crap I mean it says nothing and expresses nothing

10sacer

Didn't have time to read all of this so don't know if this has been said, but...

both of them look like submissions from a high school graphics arts class where the only font available was helvetica or arial.

Just kind of boring, but then again, so is FastSigns logo...

tsgstl

NO! trash those also....this whole design is crap I mean it says nothing and expresses nothing

Wrong, dead wrong in fact. It says I have succeeded for 20 years and you will continue to receive similar service. Without knowing more of his business and it's client base, completely changing the name and look of business could be suicide. If I was a customer of his for many years and pulled up one day to the best logo in the world I might say "wow I guess he got bought out or folded" the customer might love the new logo but maybe he never had a issue with design or how creative their services were and therefore turn around. This is his fathers business. If the op was a client of mine I would not treat him with your attitude. I clearly stated that my examples given were just to show him how he could slowly change his logo if he was uncomfortable making a giant leap. I never put any thought of HOW I wanted it to look but how it could change over time.
Changing the logo and name MAY only help with new clients, but also MAY lose old ones. I would love to change it all, but I understand why he is concerned

Jillbeans

I really like what Colin suggested.
I think everything has been said already about your existing logo.
Maybe keep the colors.
Lose the X.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 80

visual800

Ok ok...hows this. at least add a last name to the top of the signs and graphics. Its just missing something. and I wouldnt worry about a logo change I change mine without thinking about it.

I dont sit and worry if clients will leave or go or stay. If you fu=ell your logo needs improving IMPROVE IT!