• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Design Contest Winner's Logo

Dan Antonelli

Few weeks ago we had a contest to guess how many logos we had done in last 15 years (actual amount was 510). Our second place winner already had our logo design books, so we worked out a good deal on redesigning his logo. Here's what we came up with. Type for main copy was hand rendered, as was the icon.

Attachments

• wildside_4-1.jpg
    wildside_4-1.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 121

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks pretty nice. It could double as a sign in front of a ride at Great Adventure.

Dan Antonelli

Our thought was to focus on icon that would be memorable, and reflect back to the nature of the business by using colors to relate to the 'full color' approach in signs, and the ape to correlate to 'wildside'. Usually next to impossible to pull off that many related characteristics in an icon, but I love how we did it here.

Bottom line if everyone knows him as the company with the ape, or 'we see your ape all around town' - then mission accomplished.

Better to have an icon that is memorable than one forgettable, like most out there.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Whatever, but it's a monkey, not an ape. Two entirely different animals. The animal pictured is a baboon which is old world monkeys. Not an ape at all.