• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Design Critique

nikdoobs

It's for a phone repair store. Bash away...
PhoneDocInc-3.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nothing to bash. It's short, sweet, colorful and most of all.... memorable.

TimToad

I hate the dynamic of this site where folks are expecting to be rudely treated. Can you imagine how many cool, inspirational logos, projects, etc. we all might be missing out on seeing just because of that dynamic?

I like every aspect of its simplicity and use of multiple icons to tell the story. I'd love to see the voice "rays" a bit bigger, thinner and possibly with rounded corners like you generally see them.

shoresigns

Looks pretty good, but a couple of pointers:
  1. Red cross proportions look a bit uneven
  2. First font suits the business (looks high-tech), second font does not. Slab serif tends to be slightly more modern looking than serif but neither are typically a good choice for a tech company.

player

I would suggest trying-

Make the words "phone" and "doc" the same height.

Try "phone doc" with a bigger red cross in the middle with the wireless rays going up the top of the red cross.

shoresigns

good copy...of this.....

Umm, no. I think you're confusing the Swiss flag (white on red) with the Red Cross (red on white).

It's also worth mentioning that depending what country the business is in, there could be very serious consequences for using the Red Cross symbol in a company logo, as it is not only trademarked in many countries but in some countries such as Canada and the US, the Red Cross symbol is protected specifically by law.

nikdoobs

This is all very helpful. Thank you.

1. First font suits the business (looks high-tech), second font does not. Slab serif tends to be slightly more modern looking than serif but neither are typically a good choice for a tech company.

I'm not crazy about the DOC typeface either. I was trying to think of something that represented a Dr. but you're right. It should be more of a tech-like font than a doctor-like font.

Marlene

the doc in the cross say "fixes" and works OK. the cross bars should be more even and same widths. it is simple and people will know what they do which is not a bad thing

laserman70

I like it.
It is clean and easy to read and recognize.

I would suggest just increasing the DOC font.

I like the rays.... They are different then others I have seen used.

Good work

Billct2

Just looked into the Red Cross symbol- it is trademarked and protected by the Geneva Convention.

OldPaint

i used this guy for a computer place back in the 90's......named COMPUTER DOCTOR...

Attachments

• DOCTOR.jpg
    DOCTOR.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 156
you can swap it for a green cross as that is what is on medical kits

I don't know about medical kits (although a Google image search for 'medical kit' will pull up all kinds of medical kit images with red/white crosses), but the green cross is used primarily, at least nowadays, to identify Medical Cannabis Dispensaries. That's probably not something that this company will want to be confused with.

OldPaint

the guy loved it.........and had a boomin business....used the clipart on all his business cards and advertisment....
point WAS..........if you call yourself a designer....THEN DESIGN something of substance.....

J Hill Designs

the guy loved it.........and had a boomin business....used the clipart on all his business cards and advertisment....
point WAS..........if you call yourself a designer....THEN DESIGN something of substance.....

still no reason to brag about that monstrosity

rdm01

Just a thought, the icon above the "phone" part to me says WIFI. Phone is best represented to me by the bars icon (starting small, gaining in height as it moves to the right). Don't know if that would suit the design or not, as it doesn't have the same symmetry of what you currently have.

Despite some previous examples, I would stay away from scalpels, face masks, and illustrated doctors in general. That is, unless the point is to try and look like a single person operation still stuck in the early 90's.