• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo design foir a model comany start up

I wanna play too.

Attachments

• InScale logo.jpg
    InScale logo.jpg
    1,011.2 KB · Views: 341

chester215

Just call me Chester.
Did some lettering for our insurance agent's 'model' rocket earlier this year. From what I remember it is about 6' tall.

upload_2018-11-13_9-14-57.jpeg

Big Rice Field

Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer
This thread has degenerated into bathroom type humor, which is quite juvenile. I appreciate the effort at jocularity, but I asked for advice and will try to articualte better what the custorme wants and what I can do for him.

Big Rice Field

Did some lettering for our insurance agent's 'model' rocket earlier this year. From what I remember it is about 6' tall.

View attachment 137577

View attachment 137577
That is not by definition a model rocket. It is an amateur rocket. Model rockets are made from lighter material and use lower power engines. This looks like a high power rocket.

Big Rice Field

Looking online at to scale model rocket kits, the packages all have graphics, photos and such. Did they provide you with mock ups of their package design? If so, I would look for a way to make the logo stand out, not blend into the package design. Some times simple, clean and strong works better than lots of graphics and way too many colors.
There is no package design as of yet. SO the package design will have to follow the design of the logo.

jimbug72

What jsmortiz2000 came up with was along the lines of what I was thinking the logo should look like. Very nice job JSM2K.

I understand wanting to use an actual missile since the client will be making replicas of said missiles. You should be able to do a nice simple vector version of an actual missile, or something that will convey that message.

Never use a photograph in a logo. It looks amateurish, can cause headaches for certain types of production, and if these guys ever "go big time" and should need to trademark their logo they will have to re-brand because if you use a photo of an actual missile the trademark gods will strike you down.

Johnny Best

This thread has degenerated into bathroom type humor, which is quite juvenile. I appreciate the effort at jocularity, but I asked for advice and will try to articualte better what the custorme wants and what I can do for him.

Maybe it did go sideways for awhile with jocularity, but from what you first posted as a logo and what it ended up with as far as jsmoritz2000 accomplished. I think you were well helped with your logo, it's the way we do business here.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

Would you prefer we migrate into "Locker Room Talk"