• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo design for you to destroy

Pat Whatley

Yes, I am doing a logo design for a graphic designer. Don't judge me....judge these. He's a broker....he'll do basic design work himself, anything more complex he subs out.

Pick them apart, abuse me, talk bad about my dog.....I don't care. Negative input accepted, smart-assed input encouraged.

Attachments

• s.jpg
    s.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 119
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 87

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think you need more contrast between the red and the soft gray to get the logo to pop a little more.
Top works better for me but the bottom might be more at home down south.

wayne k
guam usa

petesign

I like where you are going with the bottom one, but like for those ribbons to be in front of something to add depth. Can you figure out a way to drape the ribbon over southpaw, but make it a different color, and still be able to read southpaw?

ProWraps

needs more blue.

you suck. your dog hates you.

you should have designed it in word.

coloradosigns is a turd and so are you.

tsgstl

Love the bottom one, seems kind of bright for a designer logo but it is really cool. Even though it probably isn't "the right thing to do" I would have a tough time not putting a subtle texture to the red in Southpaw. Like a fine bumpy texture, it always looks cool with recessed letters like that. Not sure I'm describing it right and I'm probably dead wrong.

Awesome logo and name, I'm a lefty.

petesign

For kicks. I played around forever to find a shape to nest in there, just kinda threw a square and an icon in .... in retrospect, it sucks :)

Attachments

• SP.jpg
    SP.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 93

qmr55

Just a little different direction to give you ideas :smile:

5 minute design....

w/ and w/o icon

Attachments

• southpaw.jpg
    southpaw.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 95
  • southpaw2.jpg
    southpaw2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 85

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Just a question since it's been shown a couple of times now...

Since "southpaw" is one word, wouldn't it be 'incorrect' (for lack of a better word) to use "SP" to represent it?

That aside, I like the top one better.

qmr55

Just a question since it's been shown a couple of times now...

Since "southpaw" is one word, wouldn't it be 'incorrect' (for lack of a better word) to use "SP" to represent it?

That aside, I like the top one better.

I thought the same thing, that is why I did one with and without the icon.

Dave Drane

It needs some diamond plate and bevellelled copy and outlines and hard shades with soft shades and a swirl and a lot more blends and then it could start to look about average. I do like the top one better tho Pat!