• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Designers Needed

kidriddlin

clicked on the link, saw bleeding cowboy, and immediately Alt F4'd

ok... thanks for the constructive criticism... the logo with the bleeding cowboy font was used before the font was raped and overused. thanks for pointing out the spelling error I didnt notice till now.

Was "Asphalt" intentionally misspelled ("Asphault") on the 'WMX' logo?

I caught the typo before it went to print when I did it but didnt realize that I put the one with the error on the site.

Not throwing out names...but god, some people need to stop calling themselves designers.

I think that every time one of these threads comes up.

so anything else anyone wanna throw at me while Im in front of the firing squad? Am I just wasting my time as a designer and should just quit and go get a construction job or something.

HulkSmash

ok... thanks for the constructive criticism... the logo with the bleeding cowboy font was used before the font was raped and overused. thanks for pointing out the spelling error I didnt notice till now.

I caught the typo before it went to print when I did it but didnt realize that I put the one with the error on the site.

so anything else anyone wanna throw at me while Im in front of the firing squad? Am I just wasting my time as a designer and should just quit and go get a construction job or something.

If the shoe fits.. then whatever, i wasn't specifically talking about you.
Also before bleeding cowboy was over used it was still awful.

kidriddlin

Not throwing out names...but god, some people need to stop calling themselves designers.

If the shoe fits.. then whatever, i wasn't specifically talking about you.
Also before bleeding cowboy was over used it was still awful.

well im glad you werent specifically talking about me but still Im not sure what about me set you off. The font thing I can understand but its more a matter of preference. All fonts can be used if used in good context that makes sense. Arial and Impact are overused but still can serve a purpose if used well. Im sorry you feel negative about my designs/skills but its no reason to be mean and arrogant about it especially to a person who only has 7 posts. You got a link to your port? Maybe I can learn something from you. If you guys dont have room here for any new people in your little club Im sure I can find a different forum to be a part of.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
RatingDegree of flammabilityExamples
0Materials that will not burnwater
1Materials that must be preheated before they will ignitelubricating oils, cooking oils
2Materials that must be moderately heated or exposed to relatively high ambient temperatures before they will ignitediesel fuel
3Liquids and solids that can ignite under almost all temperature conditionsgasoline, acetone
4Materials which will rapidly vaporize at atmospheric pressure and normal temperatures, or are readily dispersed in air and which burn readilynatural gas, propane, Graphic Designers

Relax,
he is just testing to find your HMIS level for flammability.......

wayne k
guam usa

HulkSmash

well im glad you werent specifically talking about me but still Im not sure what about me set you off. The font thing I can understand but its more a matter of preference. All fonts can be used if used in good context that makes sense. Arial and Impact are overused but still can serve a purpose if used well. Im sorry you feel negative about my designs/skills but its no reason to be mean and arrogant about it especially to a person who only has 7 posts. You got a link to your port? Maybe I can learn something from you. If you guys dont have room here for any new people in your little club Im sure I can find a different forum to be a part of.

Are you kidding me?
I'm not set off. Not at all. If someone tells you something needs work do you take it as an attack? Honestly I can care less who's in the "little club" I have no ties.

All i said was the font is bad. I would tell my best friend that if they did something similar. Don't get too upset. Just work to get better. Do you have any training in design? Self Taught?

rjssigns

Well since we are on the constructive criticism track. As soon as it took more than a few seconds to load I thought here we go. Sure enough a soundtrack. Almost clicked off right there. Everything at an angle. Bad. Click on a portfolio piece and it jiggles to a stop. Ahhh...no that's bad too.

Just because all of these tricks are available does not mean you need to use any of them.

Here is what you need: Super fast load time, clean interface, bright colors, no music and easy to navigate. That's all you need.

Prospective clients want to get to what they need fast. Can't do that? They're gone and won't come back.

Again this is constructive criticism, not personal. You would have gotten the same thing in many of my college classes during project critique. Critique was a weekly or sometimes daily occurrence. There was no escaping it.LOL

Jillbeans

I'm not a designer, I am a sign painter.
I enjoy dabbling with Corel. Actually I love it.
As to the posted website, my thoughts ran exactly like RJs.
The music, the wobble and the angle just did not cut it for me.

Joe Diaz

I offer my customers a dozen or so options. I list a contest on digitalpoint forums with an idea of what I'm looking for and usually get 15-25 concepts. I have the customer choose one and then have the winner tweak it and send me the files in vector, psd layers, illustrator and whatever I may need. I usually charge $100 or 150 and use half for the prize money. I usually have enough entries in 3 days to have a winner.
Mmmm crowdsourcing. :rolleyes: I want to personally thank you for doing your part to degrade our industry.:thumb: ...and $50 to $75 prize money? Man that sounds really tempting. I'm sure you get some real winners for that amount of coin. Where do I sign up.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
^^ :ROFLMAO: ^^

I believe that's the nastiest I've seen you get since the good ol' NHB days...................... :thumb:

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
I offer my customers a dozen or so options. I list a contest on digitalpoint forums with an idea of what I'm looking for and usually get 15-25 concepts. I have the customer choose one and then have the winner tweak it and send me the files in vector, psd layers, illustrator and whatever I may need. I usually charge $100 or 150 and use half for the prize money. I usually have enough entries in 3 days to have a winner.
Sometimes I wish I couldn't read.

kidriddlin

Are you kidding me?
I'm not set off. Not at all. If someone tells you something needs work do you take it as an attack? Honestly I can care less who's in the "little club" I have no ties.

All i said was the font is bad. I would tell my best friend that if they did something similar. Don't get too upset. Just work to get better. Do you have any training in design? Self Taught?

sorry colo. I wasnt upset about the font bomb at all because I agree with you when it comes to things like that like when people use brush script or universe extended for everything. I was more upset by this comment ---
some good ol crit is great but thats just some Simon Cowl junk. I know im not the best and yes I agree that there are some out there that shouldnt be designing but I dont think my stuff is bad enough to just hang it up. Yes I have an associates degree in design and am working to do better all the time. I dont mind being told something sucks just let me know why and what I can change. Suggest and direct.

Well since we are on the constructive criticism track. As soon as it took more than a few seconds to load I thought here we go. Sure enough a soundtrack. Almost clicked off right there. Everything at an angle. Bad. Click on a portfolio piece and it jiggles to a stop. Ahhh...no that's bad too.

Just because all of these tricks are available does not mean you need to use any of them.

Here is what you need: Super fast load time, clean interface, bright colors, no music and easy to navigate. That's all you need.

Prospective clients want to get to what they need fast. Can't do that? They're gone and won't come back.

Again this is constructive criticism, not personal. You would have gotten the same thing in many of my college classes during project critique. Critique was a weekly or sometimes daily occurrence. There was no escaping it.LOL

Thanks for the proper crit. I did have crit weekly and sometimes daily in school, it was actually part of the class to "how" to critique, I enjoy a good kick in the balls as much as the next guy just tell me how to make them feel better after your done :). You are on about some of the things suggested. Im still twerking (not the dance lol) things out there.

I'm not a designer, I am a sign painter.
I enjoy dabbling with Corel. Actually I love it.
As to the posted website, my thoughts ran exactly like RJs.
The music, the wobble and the angle just did not cut it for me.

I am still working on it and this was the first website I have ever done and have changed it up it a few times now. I would prob not make a site like this for a client. My actual thought is to offer to make a about 2-3 sites for free for a few clients to nail down the whole site design thing and not overusing any effects and all, its like buying a welder and thinking that you can just jump in lol. Again thanks for the crit and direction.

Mmmm crowdsourcing. :rolleyes: I want to personally thank you for doing your part to degrade our industry.:thumb: ...and $50 to $75 prize money? Man that sounds really tempting. I'm sure you get some real winners for that amount of coin. Where do I sign up.

yea I read this and agree that this is not cool, thats exactly why I didnt give a crap about jacking this thread. I gift stuff away for free on the books all the time but will allow myself to be tricked into it by CL trollers like this. its just insulting

Gino

Premium Subscriber
sorry colo. I wasnt upset about the font bomb at all because I agree with you when it comes to things like that like when people use brush script or universe extended for everything. I was more upset by this comment ---

some good ol crit is great but thats just some Simon Cowl junk. I know im not the best and yes I agree that there are some out there that shouldnt be designing but I dont think my stuff is bad enough to just hang it up. Yes I have an associates degree in design and am working to do better all the time. I dont mind being told something sucks just let me know why and what I can change. Suggest and direct.

Thanks for the proper crit. I did have crit weekly and sometimes daily in school, it was actually part of the class to "how" to critique, I enjoy a good kick in the balls as much as the next guy just tell me how to make them feel better after your done :). You are on about some of the things suggested. Im still twerking (not the dance lol) things out there.

I am still working on it and this was the first website I have ever done and have changed it up it a few times now. I would prob not make a site like this for a client. My actual thought is to offer to make a about 2-3 sites for free for a few clients to nail down the whole site design thing and not overusing any effects and all, its like buying a welder and thinking that you can just jump in lol. Again thanks for the crit and direction.

yea I read this and agree that this is not cool, thats exactly why I didnt give a crap about jacking this thread. I gift stuff away for free on the books all the time but will allow myself to be tricked into it by CL trollers like this. its just insulting

C'mon kid..........

You mean you're gonna reject Color's [Simon Cowl] critique for someone patting you on the back for no reason ??

You're honestly gonna come here looking to better yourself and when you don't hear what you want..... you wrinkle your nose up and make fun of it and then when someone stands in your corner and gives you kudo's for below adequate abilities, you're gonna praise them and tell the rest of us.... THIS is how I want to be critiqued ??

You come here to learn..... you said it yourself, but because you aren't paying for lessons..... and you already have an associate's degree which is the bottom of all degrees next to having none, you're now gonna just take what you want and leave the good critiques go by the wayside ??

It's quite evident that our institute level schools and technical schools are pushing though total crapolla. Not only in acedemics, but preparing young people for the real world. In fact, they have lied about how good of teachers and profs they are, by the quality of students graduating, that it astounds me anyone even bothers going to these higher level of schools if they aren't taught a thing worth while as a career or getting ready for life.
You mean you actually had to learn/take lessons on how to receive and utilize constructive criticism ??

By the way.... your logo looks wonderful. The only thing I would do is add more red things. The red and blue will gel perfectly together for you.

kidriddlin

seriously!

No one else "patted me on the back" they clearly stated what they didnt think worked and that was it. They never gave me any anything else, the only difference is that it wasnt a c==3 "you suck" comment. I dont understand how this is getting twisted that Im doing something wrong, and yes there are ways to crit people and help them grow at the same time its pretty easy. Thanks Geno I think that was the worst comment yet. Maybe it just a personality thing because I just dont understand.

HulkSmash

seriously!

No one else "patted me on the back" they clearly stated what they didnt think worked and that was it. They never gave me any anything else, the only difference is that it wasnt a c==3 "you suck" comment. I dont understand how this is getting twisted that Im doing something wrong, and yes there are ways to crit people and help them grow at the same time its pretty easy. Thanks Geno I think that was the worst comment yet. Maybe it just a personality thing because I just dont understand.

when i get home i'll give you a "Proper" crit.
Don't have time at the moment. Stay tuned.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.

I didn't think it was possible for me to dislike someone in under 10 seconds. But you took the cake ... and threw it on the ground.

Thank you for stabbing what real designers do, in the face with a soft tipped baby spoon.