• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo for a Cake Business

Criss

I did this for a small Home-Based Business. Thoughts????

DDcake6x6.jpg

401Graphics

Hope that isnt gonna be done in cut vinyl :omg:

By the way, a word of warning. Some users on here will be very straight forward if they think your design is "not good". But most of the users help you learn to make improvements.

ironchef

I agree. Take out cupcake. Change font. I get the dragonfly clip art, but change it. And do a more simple dragonfly. or integrate it with the cake. What is the business going to concentrate on selling? If its not wedding cakes. Maybe go with whatever they will feature.

Pat Whatley

The three pieces of clipart are three different styles and don't work together.

Scriptina ranks up there with Bleeding Cowboys as the most overused bad fonts in the industry.

I like the idea of using a whimsical font for the name but that ones ain't it. Of course a lot of bakers are just weird (I blame it on the yeast/lard/sugar fumes) so you might be right on track with what they're looking for.

Overall it's not bad, and a majority of the people won't notice the difference, it's just that with a little more work you can set it apart. This is kind of what I'm talking about. (disclaimer: the "clip art" is a google swipe for illustration purposes only)

Attachments

• dragonfly.jpg
    dragonfly.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

showcase 66

I like the idea of the stylized cake but I really dont care for the Scriptina font. It has been overused in my opinion. It looks nice up close but distance wise, it will be hard to read. Wasnt sure what it was in the thumbnail. Pats idea is clean and easy to read.

Jillbeans

Have a dragonfly or a cake but not both.
Maybe a cupcake with a little dragonfly pick looking thing.
No Scriptina, if you must use it, watch the kerning and only use it for one of the words.
Or just use Pat's idea.
Love....Jill

Criss

I informed her today she is getting a new one...lol All input is welcomed.....I do listen.

steeltech

The trail behind your Dragonfly looks like a "D". Consider that in a retool. That would keep the dragonfly incorporated into the name, but not into the graphic. I just dont like pests near my cake, and that includes family. But back to your design, the cupcake and/or a wedge of cake would go nicely under the right font and dragonfly.

Criss

Working on it bit by bit. (Day job gets in the way) Hope to have new one to put up soon.
All the advice has been very helpful and educational.

Rage Wraps

Decent start, but I would work more in a horizontal format. The text is to much, scriptina correct? Use elements on the font and simplify the rest. Everything reads as separate sections and has to flow.