• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo for my business

sonix

Could you recommend me better font? I think this one looks good, but i like to hear about your opinion

John Butto

you downloaded a stock vector and added text.

Is not that the way 98.3% of the design is accomplished on here. When the discussion of "graphic designer" was brought up a lot of people said they were cut and paste types. Birds of a feather slogan falls right in with this new guy.

sonix

you downloaded a stock vector and added text.

try being more creative.

you are not right.

The bottom graphics i had created myself. I have inspired from another logo.
If you don't trust me, i can send you my *.CDR files. What i have downloaded is only "aperture" logo in greyscale.

I can provide you, how i made this. It is simple in corel draw.

1) with the curve drawing tool you drive one droplet
2) duplicate the droplet
4) make gradient between first and second dropplet
5) draw elipse
6) make new path for the gradient and select elipse.
7) delete the elipse

the aperture logo should be done similarly, but i have downloaded from google for save some time.

if you are so good, you can make me better logo ;-)

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps there is a language type barrier here, but even though you might've gone to all the trouble to create yours from scratch, it still resembles any 100's of already completed colorful circles that look like yours. It is not at all original and looks like so many already out in circulation.

I think what many might be saying [tongue in cheek] is that... try to be more original with your work/ideas. Even if you create it, to not have something as an end result already saturated in this field.

sonix

Ok i understand. English language is not my maternal language, so im sorry for my language mistakes.

I want to simple colorful logo so i think, this is problem, because it is very simply to create it so in all ways you can find on google similar logos.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
[SUB]font sucks, it's a clipart logo from a 'free vector' site which means you can't trade mark it, copyright it or protect it. you really didn't think about it, so i'm not going to waste a lot of time helping.[/SUB]

sonix

[SUB]font sucks, it's a clipart logo from a 'free vector' site which means you can't trade mark it, copyright it or protect it. you really didn't think about it, so i'm not going to waste a lot of time helping.[/SUB]
:clapping:
1) the second logo wasn't downloaded!!! Yes it should looks similar like most logos on web, but if it is downloaded, show me from where ;-)
2) font sucks? -really constructive criticism. Why don't you suggest some better font?
3) who say that i protect it or trade mark it?
4) "so i'm not going to waste a lot of time helping" - so rather do not write to this thread. I'm not care about YOUR opinion. The critism was said and you only repeat it. It isn't beneficial

someone else who want to say, that the font is sucks and the logo is downloaded?

I have inspirated with similar logos on google images, because it looks good. so i have made my own and you told me, that i have downloaded it? I like this font but if you write, that the font sucks, recommand me better one.

I'm not professional in logo design and i don't know why you are so acute to me. I'm not graphic designer and need some opinion from others eventually some recommendation not reading criticism that i don't think about it.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
1) the second logo wasn't downloaded!!! Yes it should looks similar like most logos on web, but if it is downloaded, show me from where ;-)
2) font sucks? -really constructive criticism. Why don't you suggest some better font?
4) "so i'm not going to waste a lot of time helping" - so rather do not write to this thread. I'm not care about YOUR opinion. The critism was said and you only repeat it. It isn't beneficial

someone else who want to say, that the font is sucks and the logo is downloaded?

I have inspirated with similar logos on google images, because it looks good. so i have made my own and you told me, that i have downloaded it? I like this font but if you write, that the font sucks, recommand me better one.

I'm not professional in logo design and i don't know why you are so acute to me. I'm not graphic designer and need some opinion from others eventually some recommendation not reading criticism that i don't think about it.

Software does not a designer make.

Same goes for fonts. Think harder, do better, expect flack for garbage art. Don't like what I have to say? Grow a thicker skin, or do better (or try at all).

I'm not making suggestions to you since you need to try first. It's not my job to do your job for you.

And since you want to know where you got it from .. here you go. http://www.google.com/search?q=aper...urce=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=6z3TUabXHoTS0gHEhIGoBw

Choose one of the 30 that are exactly like it.

Joe Diaz

Whether or not it actually was or wasn't should be the least of your worries, the point is it looks like it was. In other words it doesn't look original and that could mean getting lost in the crowd when you could be standing out. Just something to think about.

I could name a bunch, but I think what would really set you apart is to try creating your own unique type style... Especially since your icons thus far aren't very interesting and the only thing left is the lettering. You can still be simple and clean but also unique. Play around on a pad of paper, experiment a little, but don't just ask what font should I use. Part of the process of improving is to discover those things on your own... develop you own style.

As far as the icon: What does it mean to you? What should it mean to your clients? You say you like the style and you tried to mimic it, but it needs to be more than just that. The Aperture logo from Portal is supposed to represent portals, which is what Aperture in the game is selling. In that case it means something. Also that logo was purposely designed to look generic, it's supposed to look cliche-corporate. If you want to be in the creative industry, you do not want to look cliche-corporate.

I would imagine you would want to protect your brand especially if it's worth protecting. You can't if it's not original.

Looking at it from our perspective, there are a lot of people who don't listen on this forum. That's not necessarily fair to the few folks that are the exception to that rule, but then no said it had to be fair. You are going to get many different flavors of advice here and elsewhere, some positive, some negative, that probably has a lot to do with how that person was taught or what works for them... but the tone of that critique isn't really important, the fact that what you have created caused some kind of reaction is important. It's our jobs to understand why and to react, because your customers and our clients customers aren't going to come out and tell you what they think of our work and they certainly aren't going to tell us how to fix it. It's our job to figure that out. Some on this forum will tell you what you can do to improve, some wont, they will just tell you that there is room to improve, but you would be wise to consider both when moving forward.

Well if you are not a designer, but are asking designers for advice, this can mean two things... you want to be one, or you don't. If you do and you asked for opinions, you have to take the bad with the good, cause you'll get it from future clients too, might as well practice getting it here. If you don't want to be a designer, then hire one, your image is too important to half-a$$ it, and professional designers aren't too keen in helping non designers do their job instead of hiring them. Does that make sense?