• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo for Organic Supply

Jackflush

Gorgor
Hi,It does not come easy for me. This is what I have generated so far. He likes it. Still need to add "Organic Gardening Supplies" somewhere to complete the logo. I dont know if its really a logo but it is what it is. I welcome all critics and any suggestions on how to improve design skills. Wacom tablet? I think ill be gettin into one of those. Not sure how helpful they are yet.
regards

Attachments

• Rock Stars 2.png
    Rock Stars 2.png
    244.8 KB · Views: 396

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I dont like the swirly things and everything has a heavy weight to it... my eye bounces all over the place, no clear "entry point"

Dan360

Those "wings" on the A are too small of details, imagine trying to put that on a shirt. I'm personally not a big fan of those fonts that almost look unfinished where they have curves in strange places that make them look like they were autotraced.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Not bad! You need a couple more drafts though. I think the swirly things on the R an K are too swirly, maybe the should be more pointy-ish? I think ddarlak is on the right track, try using that with a few more font options. Those wing things you have, sorry, I don't care for them at all. They remind me of racing flags but you already knew something wasn't quite right or you would not have posted asking for help :) I would love to see your final design!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Jack...... are you insinuating, by not likimg my post......you designed those moutains all by yourself ?? You didn't pick them out of any clipart software ??

equippaint

This will be the next hole in the wall place to get a cease and decist from a large corp over the name and logo.
Star for the A, in the name rockstar, looks even more familiar than the clip art mountains.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Not that the OP has anything to do with it... but that name and everything doesnt fit Gardening supplies...

And WTF is organic gardening supplies? Shovels made from trees not sprayed with roundup? This organic BS is getting out of hand... even our maid service is organic...and I have to come behind them and bleach shit cause their non toxic stuff doesnt always work.

Jackflush

Gorgor
Jack...... are you insinuating, by not likimg my post......you designed those moutains all by yourself ?? You didn't pick them out of any clipart software ??
I
Yeah I frowned on it cause it took 3 seconds to read.. Im sorry if you felt disrespected but yes I frowned upon your words.

Jackflush

Gorgor
Hi... He started giving me some direction and steered me all the way to do this. It looks a little like an ice cream cup. Im over it today. Its not easy for me. And thank everybody who gave this some run. The Star that was posted was the way to go. But hey Ill get em next time

Attachments

• PROOF FPOR 101.gif
    PROOF FPOR 101.gif
    39.3 KB · Views: 336

Stacey K

I like making signs
Not that the OP has anything to do with it... but that name and everything doesnt fit Gardening supplies...

And WTF is organic gardening supplies? Shovels made from trees not sprayed with roundup? This organic BS is getting out of hand... even our maid service is organic...and I have to come behind them and bleach **** cause their non toxic stuff doesnt always work.
I used to work for a dairy company that called on farms regularly. Their take was if you ever saw any of these "organic farms" you would NEVER eat the food or drink the milk. I stay away from anything organic. I didn't notice the mountains were clipart or the Rock Star was familiar. I'm out of the loop I guess lol

JR's

Is this layout set in stone or are you still taking suggestions?
Is anyone else seeing a Rocky Mount monster?
And I am not a fan of the swirls? Unless they mean something to the brand
If the client already approved of it your best bet is to move on to the next one.
I have a lot of ugly logos out there. And I believe they last longer and drive buy me more than the good ones. LOL

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No, it's not a happy ending...... not at all. All I did was goggle 'clipart mountains' and this was on the top line of the page. You are not very creative, Jack. In fact, I was trying to be nice to you and give you an out several times, but you kept up the sh!t, so once again, I look like the heavy, but you are the liar.

Case closed.

rock star mountains.jpg

Care to re-think your 'DISLIKE' ??​

TimToad

Unless it's absolutely necessary, try not to fatten up letters from their original weight. It gives everything a puffy, overly rounded effect, especially on something like Goudy. Just choose a bolder font. If they are looking to force a square peg down your round design hole, they have succeeded. It seems like every updated iteration you've shared is another example of them forcing their will upon you.

The message prioritization is getting worse and worse with each new version. I would strongly suggest downplaying the "organic" message and move up the Gardening Supplies message in your order of importance. Also, you have to assert yourself on warning people about trademark infringement issues. They aren't the only one who will have to defend themselves in court if sued.

The logo looks very outdated and not in a good, hippie, "organic" ( code for weed growing supplies ) way.

Last edited: